Friday, October 9, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Turned Out Nice!

Fall is in the air…in more ways than one!  The Pumpkin and Spice quilt top is almost done…(needs a border). I thought it was going to be a wall hanging but I don’t think I have a bare wall this big.  I might just use it as a throw on my green couch for something “fallish”…P1030324 P1030325 P1030326 P1030327 P1030328 

P1030330

The free pattern that came with the Pumpkin and Spice panel was useless –too difficult to follow and no pictures to help.  So I ended up doing my own thing…and considering all the problems that arose at the beginning and considering I almost tossed it in the garbage, I think it turned out OK.  In fact I really like it!

image 

EXCITING Quilting News! Amy of Park City Girl is hosting Quilt Festival 2009- it is Quilters Choice so you get to enter your favourite quilt.  Amy has listed three pages of incredible prizes- I’m not sure how you win (my guess is, it’s a draw) but the prizes are awesome.  So far there are over 70 entries - you click on their name and visit their blogs to see their quilts…so lots of new blogs to visit and lots of quilts to inspire you!  Make sure you leave lots of comments and feedback – you meet the nicest people in the darnest places!  I know what I am doing today…. :o)

Have a friendly Friday and Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

  1. Looks really good!

    Happy sewing!

    Zlaty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love it! Love it!

    Thanks also for the quilt festival tip. I'll definitely check that out!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Pumpkin quilt will make a great sofa throw.

    As for the link to Quilt Festival, how on earth do you expect me to get on with anything with all these quilts to go look at? You're definitely a very, VERY bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out just lovely! I especially like the log cabin patch colours, they are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fall quilt turned out so pretty!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made a beautiful quilt!! I'm very glad you persisted! Its wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of this quilt, and your pattern looks just great, so you must have done a better job than the designer of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete