Saturday, October 25, 2014

Home For the Holidays…NOT!

I may not be “Home for the Holidays” this year but that doesn’t mean that’s it’s not PREPPED!! :o) I am talking about Lisa Bongean’s “Home For the Holidays”! This quilt has been on my ‘TO DO LIST’ since I first laid eyes on the pattern…I LOVE IT!!

While the sewing room was still a wool disaster, I thought I would just ‘get ‘er done’ and ‘get ‘er done’ I did!!

As you can see these wool appliques are much simpler than yesterday’s motifs so this didn’t take all that long to do…

IMG_2336

Love the chubby thighs on the gingerbread boy!!

IMG_2337IMG_2339IMG_2340IMG_2349IMG_2350IMG_2351

 

IMG_2353

This pattern was a JOY to work with, as are all of Lisa Bongean’s patterns!  She gives you a cutting pattern, plus a placement pattern!  The BONUS is all of the pattern pieces are already reversed!  She REALLY knows how to design a pattern!

IMG_2354IMG_2355IMG_2356IMG_2357

        IMG_2362

Now I just need to make the ‘snowball’ blocks, transfer the writing, (which will be a breeze thanks to  Lisa’s placement pattern) and glue down these motifs and I will be ready for stitching!!  I tell you, Lisa thinks of everything to make a project do-able and user friendly!!  No guess work with her patterns!

Today I am cleaning my sewing room!!  It looks like a WOOL hurricane with the wind velocity of 4 hit my room!  And of course my little furry helper has helped moved these bits and pieces throughout the house!  I have my work ‘cut out’ for me!  :o)

Have a SUNNY Saturday and Happy Stitching!~P

15 comments:

  1. You are in the home stretch. Going to be a beautiful quilt.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it last year. All those little half square triangles, Yikes! I haven't quilted it yet....Heading south in 2 weeks. WOO HOO! All my projects are prepped and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember having seen this design. Very cute design and perfect for the holidays. Do you think you will run out of stitching to do and have to shop for more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will busy stitching as you drive down to Palm Springs this year. Have fun. Cute oattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pattern! It's not one I've bought since I've put myself on a fabric/pattern budget but I think it might be one of my first purchases when I get back to spending. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous quilt! I love everything wool. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have been busy, getting your pieces ready. You will have some beautiful pieces to decorate the trailer with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got version basted and ready to quilt. Looks like you have one more for the road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am getting excited for you as you are prepping for your trip south. A good pattern saves so much time and guess work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It a a wonderful thing to have exceptional patterns and instructions such as Lisa does. You know, her shop is only one hour away from my home and I really enjoyed her shop but I had a bit of a problem with it. Way too many fabulous choices, lol, where to begin! :-D I can see why you chose this wool sampler, it is so you. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gold star for you..................

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful quilt to bring out every Christmas

    ReplyDelete