Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Moment of Weakness…

I made a resolution, a goal, a pact, a rule, a code, a decree…call it what you will…but it went out the window yesterday in a moment of weakness…Oh I had been fighting it…for over a month now…but slowly ‘IT’ wore me down…

I’m talking about my VOW not to buy any more quilting magazines…(excluding Quiltmania, Simply Vintage and Primitive Quilts Magazine…of course!)  I had been doing so well too…it had been well over a year since I had succumbed…maybe even TWO and then THEY did it!  McCall’s put THIS on our Newsstand…oh I am such a sucker for a basket quilt…

               IMG_2184

Yes, I fought it out with this magazine…every week I would pick it up while at the check out at the grocery store…yes, I admit it…I was LUSTING over this quilt!  And  look, it’s called  ‘Basket Dance’… which is what we were doing…dancing around this magazine!  Yesterday it dawned on me…if this quilt was hanging in a quilt shop, I wouldn’t think twice about buying the PATTERN…so what’s the big deal? 

IMG_2185

So I bought it!  There…I’ve said it!  This magazine came home with me!  I broke my rule…my sacred VOW to stop buying magazines!

But the good things about rules is, that they are MEANT to be broken…besides I am making a new rule…NO more magazines UNLESS there is a basket quilt on the cover!  Oh, I feel so much better! 

And besides…what can  one little ol’ magazine hurt? :o)))

{AVALANCHE!}

BUT, don’t you just LOVE this basket quilt…CARE TO DANCE?

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. What does the crow & sunflowers go to that you can see on the magazine cover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I'm a sucker for baskets too and I hadn't seen this issue yet. Thanks a lot...NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. of....love basket quilts and good colors for that one...so, are you putting it on your to do list????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to laugh at Karen's comment. She picks right up on all things applique! : )
    It is a pretty basket quilt. I got a giggle out of this post. I have a similar rule, but my only exception is Primitive Quilts and Projects. I figured 4 times a year for that one mag is no big problem. I wonder what quilt on a magazine cover will cause me to cave?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not alone in your sin my sister. There are a lot of us. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was funny.....that's like me reading your blog and seeing something that I want to make and buying the pattern myself.....I keep telling myself NO MORE....yikes that never works.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I'll have to check it out today when I go to the store. I haven't bought I a magazine (quilt) in over a year except for the 3 you have mentioned. But, rug hooking magazines that's another story--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your about the rules! You did very well to buy this magazine, I would buy it myself as I am crazy about baskets and basket quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been working on trying not to buy just every 'ol quilt magazine too. That one was VERY tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rules need to be updated on a regular basis or you risk getting stuck in a rut! Good for you being willing to embrace change and progress! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also wonder what the crow and sunflower quilt looks like. I guess I'll have to make a trip to the store and see if I can flip through one.

    The basket dance quilt is cute.

    Add Quilt
    Sampler to that list, it only comes out twice a year and great for road trips down south....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post made me smile today. Many of us have made the same rule and have to alter it to fit the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt junkies of the world are so screwed...we won't ever keep a resolution for long. Yes, I speak for us all. If you aren't like that, you are not a true junkie....

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, we have no will power;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now aren't you smart - when temptation is too strong, make a new rule!!! I can't see you resisting that cover quilt anyway - you're the Basket Queen, after all!!!! Can't wait to see your version, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your post today! I have been trying to not buy more kits and fabrics until I finish the ones I have. Sure! I went to the Palm Springs Quilt show last week and it was so nice. You know I didn't come home empty handed! Oh well I really mean well. I have been going just to much to have time to write a little note. I don't miss a day without my Coffee and your Blog. Thanks and keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've stopped all magazines except Primitive Quilts and Projects and Block....love both of those. But rather than refuse to buy any other magazines at the checkout I'm choosing to believe I'm selective. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete