Thursday, October 2, 2014

Falling Charms…

When I discovered that I had lost the prepared hexagons for the baby quilts, I turned to Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Co. to save the day…and man did she deliver!  She has FREE videos for tons of quilts…but this one caught my eye!  It’s called ‘Falling Charms’ and it’s got that fresh modern look that a new mother would like, plus it’s fast and easy for this old mom to whip up!

      IMG_2158

It calls for charm packs for the feature fabric and a 2 1/2” jelly roll for the white strips…I had neither so I turned to my stash and cut out  5” squares and 2 1/2” strips the old fashion way! ;)

IMG_2159

Love the fabric…it’s mostly Bunny Hill prints from a few years ago…blues and taupe and the off white was in the stash!

IMG_2160

Fast and easy…and sweet!  A good combination!  Now on to the PINK version!  If you want to see Jenny’s video then you can go HERE!  Jenny is quite the character…very entertaining and she clearly enjoys what she is doing!

Before you go, hop on over to Quilty Folks Blog…and see what Audrey’s mom has received in the mail so far!!  Incredible!  If you remember, Audrey’s mom (who is an avid quilter) lost EVERYTHING in a house fire!  Audrey put out an SOS and quilters rallied!  Man, they sure did!!  Go and have a LOOK!  And this is only the first week!  If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times…QUILTERS ARE THE BEST!  Warms this ol’quilter’s heart!

Have a thrilling Thursday and happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. love this baby quilt, your right it will be well received by a new mom. I just found Missouri Star quilt company videos, fun to watch and learn from
    thanks for sharing.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make a baby quilt in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to look no further. And I'll be getting my charm squares and strips the "old fashioned way" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet fabric! It really is a great baby quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice design for a quick quilt, at least for you, I cannot do quick, lol. The bunny hill fabrics look beautiful in it.


    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those tans and blues! Bunny Hill has such nice colors.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute quilt. The Bunny Hill fabrics are perfect. I use this pattern as my go to fast gift quilts. Gotta love MSQC for great tutorials and fast patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good idea for a baby quilt , must check out the MSQC videos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet soft and tender... perfect for a baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt turned out very nice. I also like Jenny's tutorials. Such a nice fun lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt turned out very nice. I also like Jenny's tutorials. Such a nice fun lady.

    ReplyDelete