Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Crazy about HOUSES!

Have you seen these wee house quilts that have been creeping up on quilters’ blogs?  Crazy small and crazy scrap happy houses!  I found this quilt top on Sunshine Yellow Creative Stitches Blog!  Incredibly small wee houses…LOVE THEM!! (oh, I hope she doesn’t mind me showing off her quilt!!)

wee houses2

I follow Abyquilt Blog and she is busy making a wee house a day…she wants a total of 365 houses to make a quilt similar to this one, using ONLY SCRAPS!  She made her pattern from EQ and each house is only 3” square!  Yowzers!

So…I put on my detective hat and Googled “EQ 3” house paper pieced pattern…and BINGO!  Not only did I find the pattern for 3” houses but I also found patterns for 4”, 5” and 6” houses!!  EUREKA!!  We are in the house building business!

IMG_2204

Go HERE for your FREE paper piecing pattern….Now if paper piecing isn’t your thing, there are also instructions for the traditional piecing method.  DON’T YOU LOVE THE INTERNET!!! 

So now we are ALL in the Wee House Building business…go ahead and print your templates off and get inspired!  Pull out those scraps…and get building! 

Now if you need FURTHER inspiration then you need to head off to Building Houses From Scrap Blog…this blog is ALL about these wee houses!  The quilts will knock your socks off! 

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Stitching!~P

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the Wee Little House information. I've been looking for a project to use the bits and pieces, and this might be the one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Paulette, you are just the sweetest!! Thanks bunches for your research and sharing of the Wee Little Houses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulette, wow----brave you----3" houses and all those pieces---no thanks, will stick to my hooking. I've done blocks that small but it just wasn't enjoyable for me. Have fun and show us your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed, so small! I could only go as far as 4 small houses for a miniature quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at the blog with all the house quilts. Wow! One of them glows from the middle. Lots of yellows in that section. Interesting to see how people have taken the house block and set them different ways. I like ones that have different size houses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds fun and I look forward to seeing how yours come out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The houses are so fun to sew. But think I am going to change them a little bit. Think Jeanneke is a bit mad about us sewing these houses now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just had to reel me in didn't you??? LOL! I can't pass up a chance to have some fun too. So what size are your doing. I love the thought of 3", but it scares me a bit! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the great link. I've printed the templates and I'm already to start as soon as I get some projects finished. Love the houses! Hope you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? 3" house blocks? You must be mad. Some of those pieces will be so small I'd lose them on the sewing table if I tried that.

    ReplyDelete