Monday, March 25, 2013

Garage Saling Palm Desert Style…

Every year the Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce closes their parking lot to host their annual Street Garage Sale…great fun!

IMG_1383 - Copy

The secret is to get there early…you know the old saying “The Early Bird gets the…saddle?!”

IMG_1384 - Copy

Whenever I see a work of ‘art’ I always wonder if it’s the real deal..you know worth a million bucks…but I mean really what are the odds and how would you know?? 

IMG_1386 - Copy

Love the mountains around the Palm Springs area and just look at that BLUE sky!

IMG_1398

We got there at 8am…hubby walked the dogs while I shopped…

IMG_1400 - CopyIMG_1402 - Copy

Lots of interesting stuff to look at…

IMG_1405

There are always some treasures mixed in with the junk…come on look hard…REALLY hard!

IMG_1406

Your kitchen wouldn’t be complete without a cactus cookie jar…

IMG_1407

It took us at least an hour and a half to see everything…

IMG_1408

A great way to spend a Saturday morning…and hubby was happy…I bought three pairs of earrings, a summer scarf, a top and a bag of antique buttons…and NO SADDLE…all small things that I can easily squeeze into our RV.  Things could have been worse…much worse!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. Now that's my kind of day! It would take me longer to look I'm sure. Beautiful scenery there. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garage sale finds are sew much fun and with space restrictions after all the quilty and woolie shopping you have done, it helps to keep the purchases small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy hearing about your garage sale adventures, surprising what you find at some of them. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting such a kick out of all your vacation posts. The things I am learning about my own area...from a vistor, no less;-)
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great place for a yard sale, lots of fun shopping and beautiful views.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...loved your post and seeing y ole stomping areas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great way to spend some time! Gotta love that cactus treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to spend a Saturday morning. My mother-in-law would have loved the cactus cookie jar. She loves anything cactus, especially the real live ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A thousand hugs for the gorgeous mountain shots
    And BLUE skies

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mountain shot is looking really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I live in Palm Desert and I didn't realize that the Chamber even had a sale like this. I'll have to watch for it next year.

    I love your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete