Thursday, May 3, 2012

I’m a Basket Case…

It’s a ‘Good Thing’ I don’t own this book…“More Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts” or I would HAVE to toss all of my current UFOs aside and start on this cover quilt…GORGEOUS!!

Now close your eyes and picture this quilt made up using Rouenneries Deux fabric by French General…did your heart just miss a beat??  Scroll down….

image

When I was at the ‘Quilter’s Coop’ in Temecula, this quilt was hanging on the wall …yup…there she blows..THE BASKET QUILT made in Rouenneries fabric..!!  P1170475

I have the fabric…now I just need the BOOK!!  I DO like this quilt made up using the fabrics on the cover…sheesh…I just might have to make TWO!!  What about you?…are you a Basket Case too?

GIVE AWAYS SPOTTED!!  Blogland is hot right now with Give Aways…

image

You could be a lucky winner of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks magazine…and more!!…Each designer is hosting a GIVE AWAY…here’s today’s lot!!

Today’s Featured Designers

1. Judy Laquidara: patchworktimes.com

2. Jennifer Chiaverini: elmcreek.net

3. Peg Spradlin: handicraftsbypeg.com

4. Julie Herman: jaybirdquilts.com

5. Amanda Murphy: amandamurphydesign.blogspot.com

6. Jennifer Ofenstein: sewhooked.com

7. Denise Russart: justquiltin.wordpress.com

8. Helen Stubbings: hugsnkisses.typepad.com

9. Pam Vieira-McGinnis: pamkittymorning.blogspot.com

10. Monique Dillard: opengatequilts.blogspot.com

11. Lee Heinrich: freshlypieced.blogspot.com

12. Mary Andra Holmes: sistersquiltingtrunk.blogspot.com

13. Paula Stoddard: QM Associate Editor

So pour yourself an extra coffee and get clicking!!  There’s plenty to go around…like a 100 or more…SEW Good luck!

Have a Thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I could easily become a basket case right along with you. That quilt is fabulous. I need the book, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this book and this basket quilt is on the top of my list :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Sweet P....guess we need a Basket List....I've just ordered Civil War Legacies and am sewing on Piece and Plenty which is an old Moda designers' BOM with plenty of baskets. Check out Primitive Gatherings new Midnight Harvest kit/pattern..has a border of wool pumpkins and features her Seasonal Little Gatherings line with orange sawtooth stars..so beautiful.
    Launa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello the book is at JoAnn I just came from their and I almost purchase it. I have all the material for the basket quilt, next week coupon. Good luck order on line and use a coupon-- Sally from Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been one for pieced basket blocks, but have always loved free-pieced ones like Gwen Marston's. LOVE this quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that basket quilt! I'm working on a variation right now, it's Gwen Marston's technique, and called Sand Pails....I'm using all my tropical fabrics, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought that boook to make that basket quilt! I just didn't know what fabric to use. That fabric would be so fun to use. Love it, I'm so glad you showed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful quilt yes i could also want to do this
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, ok, ok already...I am moving a basket quilt up my list of must do's in 2012...I really do have to retire!

    ReplyDelete