Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rainy Day Morning…

What to do on a lazy rainy morning while you’re camping? Easy…pull out your new Quiltmania Magazine and peruse it from cover to cover with your morning coffee!

P1140613

Love this basket quilt… not too fussy and looks like a fast one to make…and it DOES have baskets!!

P1140614

This one caught my eye…wool back ground with cotton applique…and all hand quilted.  The wonky squares are all embroidered together…very different…and my picture does not do it justice…

P1140616

I have always wanted to make an Irish Chain…and I have always wanted to go to Paris…great combination, don’t you think?  The quilt was made using Pom Pom de Paris by French General.  Those ‘Generals’ really know how to make fabric!!

P1140617

And there is nothing like scrappy quilts to wake me up and get the blood pumping….

P1140618

Yes, there’s nothing like a good read to get the  morning started…especially on a wet summer morning…

Yesterday we managed a hike along Englishman River Falls!  Spectacular!

image

Even a few brave souls swimming!  The water is ice cold!

image

Cold but crystal clear…

image

I’m hoping for a rainbow in our future!!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Oh the hike looks awesome! I have been falling asleep with my latest QuiltMania..and I am even reading it!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the weather improves for your hiking but it does allow for more reading and stitching time right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few brave and (or is it just me?) um....under-dressed? swimmers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. overcast but no rain yet in Crofton.Do you subscribe to Quilt magazine or buy somewhere? looks yummy. Still moving my sewing stuff and Hugo getting pretty cranky - better sew a lot up this year!!! Where are you staying with wifi?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you for sharing your magazine and the beautiful photos! Have a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great quilts - and looks like a wonderful hike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the basket quilt with the appliques for the seasons. That is one I would consider making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I save rainy camping days for shopping, lol.
    When we go to maine, we will drive halfway through the state and hit all the good stores and take the scenic route, great rainy day activity, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoy the rainy day camping adventure!!..we have been to Englishman Falls..it is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful place. The basket quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete