Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Catch a Falling Star!

On Saturday I went to the Grand-Daddy…no make that Grand-Quilter’s of all Garage Sales…if you missed it, then you REALLY need to go HERE!  (Remember to come back!)

On Sunday I found this between the two seats of my van…forgot all about it!  I bought this at the Garage Sale for $4…loved this little case..perfect for those little projects…then I opened it up!

P1140625

I bought this for the case and the 22 beige squares inside…I am ALWAYS buying beige ‘filler’ fabric…you know it goes between blocks or is added as a contrast to the main focal fabric.This was like buying a layer cake of beige fabric!

P1140620

But what was under all the beige fabric??

P1140619

Thirty six of the cutest little hearts…they are about six inches long and three inches at their widest part…and all ready to be appliqued! There is not one duplicate fabric and they are very scrappy….

P1140621

I’m not a heart person…I usually avoid hearts…but these have really grown on me.  Look at the workman ship…perfect!  Who am I to look a gift horse/star in the mouth?

P1140622

I think it was meant to be… I might just applique a few of these today…yup it was meant to be, I tells ya’!

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. Yeh, you are officially bad, lol. Can't even remember what you bought;) That is a nice find and the hearts all done up, you have to make something with them, that would be nice for a charity piece or a gift for someone who is having a tough time.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a find! Hearts are definitely ready for applique...hard work done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shopping! Today is my day off and I'll be cleaning, shopping and running around preparing for lots of company over the next couple of weeks. So excited to see my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hearts! I'd hand applique them on if it were me...Is that fusible? Nice find, Sweet P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I don't know if I hate you (envy can take a person down) or love you (thanks for sharing and teaching me lessons about envy). Second, the hearts were put in there for you - must be what you need right now and good for you for working with them not stashing them away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love those hearts. So scrappy and speak such love to me. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Terrific find. Love the tan fabrics to. A great case for taking along fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scrappy hearts. What a great take-a-long project for your holiday this week. Or perhaps later for your winter holiday. The heart fabrics look great, especially with the beige square backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy stitching!..someone sure was busy cutting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are incredible. There are no other words. Enjoy your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the case, love the beige fabrics, and I LOVE the hearts!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the hearts Paulette. I am a hearts person and have a few heart patterns collected to make on my someday list.
    I am sure you will create a lovely quilt with these ones. You did hit a great garage sale- what fun...
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now THAT is an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy Moly! I agree with WoolenSails and just so you know I am officially having a tough time! So you can send those hearts my way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Paulette

    Thought I would share... I'm so happy that you are enjoying your new treasures. They came from a home of a special quilter who recently lost her battle with cancer. She was a friend and customer and I think would be so happy to see you enjoying her treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you HAVE to love those hearts. That fabric is so YOU!!
    You will Love doing something with them I am sure.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you Irish, because you have the luck of one-love to see your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AGAIN with the great finds!!!! How sweet is that, those hearts are fabulous! My package arrived today and can I just say it is fabulous! Thank you so much! I popped right over to my LQS for two charm packs for the Schnibbles, I had my eye on them but no project, so this is perfect! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was a surprise :) both had you forgotten all about that you bought it and then the hearts were as a bonus *LOL*

    ReplyDelete