Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Christine!!

So the Birthday quilt was received and was appreciated…but man, it sure is hard to compete with a Justin Beiber towel, which was the first gift that Christine opened!!  :o)

image 

Now to be truly LOVED this quilt should have had Justin Beiber picture in the middle of each Dresden!  But in the end Christine decided that it was going to be her ‘Sick Quilt’…to cuddle under when she is sick…this is a good thing…right? :o)

Happy 30th Birthday, Christine!!  You are forever young!! xo

And I just HAD to throw in this picture of my friend, Sandy’s (aka The Bead Lady) first grand-daughter…is she not the sweetest thing this side of the Dairy Queen!!  Taylor 064

You are stuck with the foot…I spent 15 minutes figuring out how to take the picture from my email, put it into Picasa and crop it out, only to have the foot reappear after sending it over to my blog…but then Sandy will do ANYTHING to have her picture on the blog!!  :o)  Anyways, Grandma, you are very lucky to have this little bundle to snuggle and smooch!!

We are off for a few days of camping up Island so I need to pack the trailer…yes my stitching is already in…plus my quilting books and the latest Quiltopia magazine, which I haven’t cracked yet!  But I guess we also need food..and maybe a change of clothes…and a towel or two…geeze work, work, work!

Have a Magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. I think a warm quilty hug when you are feeling sick is a great reminder of family! I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful gift that a I am sure Christine will treasure forever!!!..safe travels as you head to your camping destination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out just awesome P and she will love it forever. Have fun camping and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that would be my everyday quilt, it is beautiful.
    I hope you have fun camping, sure wish I could go, but need to replace too much to buy this year. Take lots of pictures for me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dresden Plate is spectacular, especially with the black background. I think your friend will come to enjoy it whether she is sick or not. Happy camping, hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt and I am sure that it will be a wonderful comfort to her every day! Have a great trip! Oh, and I love your garage sale finds/you really scored big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long after she gets over Justin Beiber, that quilt will be there! And it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is georgeous. Have a safe and restful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is stunning...I don't understand how JB could be in the running against that beauty...or maybe I am just getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous quilt, and a lovely gift! Have fun camping, now that you've got all the essentials!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that quilt! But I am still reeling from the garage sale finds...I have read that post 3 times!!! You walk under a special star!

    ReplyDelete