Friday, July 29, 2011

Crawford’s Farm Quilt Show…Part 4!

I have taken you on a tour of Crawford’s Farm and shown you all the lovely quilts but what I haven’t shown you are the merchants selling their wares…

Remember I didn’t get there until after 3 o’clock…towards the end of the day so their merchandise is sorely depleted…but you get the idea!

This is the booth that our local Quilt Shop, Creative Quilting operated..selling lots of kits, pre-cuts and patterns..P1140714 P1140718

Scattered throughout the farm where other merchants…like the lady selling hand crafted scarves and shawls…gorgeous and soft!P1140746

Hand crafted items…

P1140737

Like this Winding Way quilt…

P1140738

This artist was selling wonderful paintings and line drawings…framed or matted.

P1140745

BUT this is the lady who caught my eye!!  What a character…she is a HOOKER and proud of it!!  And her work is stunning!!

P1140739

I wanted to take the rooster and the sunflower mats home with me…STUNNING!! …BUT if I did..then I  COULDN’T PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR…and if I did, I would be forever saying to people… “GET OFF THAT MAT!!” 

P1140740

She also made little guys for hot pots or table toppers…so pretty!

P1140741

Plus she was demonstrating how to ‘do it’…and it looked easy enough but do I need another hobby?? 

P1140742  What about you??  Do you need another hobby??P1140744  These rugs are 100% wool…and very soft!!  There isn’t enough time in the day right now…and then to add another hobby…OUCH!  I know I would LOVE to make one of these…maybe someday…

So ends the 3rd Annual Quilt Show at Crawford’s Farm!  Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!  Till next year….

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along, looks like a wonderful day for a quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those rugs are fabulous...and when I went to Valori Wells studio she had 2 rugs handing on the wall! You wouldn't have to let anyone step on them! I with you...i am sorely tempted by needle punch, but...so I need another hobby. It would mean DH would have to move out so i could fit all my fun stuff in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do NOT need another hobby. What I need is to win the lottery so I can buy all that beautiful stuff. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was quite the quilt/craft show!..lots of talented people in your neighbourhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I enjoyed it very much. Making rugs is pretty easy, think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I really enjoyed the quilt show. I did take some courses on rug hooking and really enjoyed but it is really hard on your hands and if you have any arthritis it would be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly packed a lot in considering your late arrival. I'm exhausted with all the rushing around!

    Thanks for taking us all with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow all that talent in one place. enjoyed the show and thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - I love the rugs - I'd love to learn that too, but you're right, ANOTHER hobby? I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made of wool, hmmmmm, that is something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete