Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cute As a Button!

  Some people are just so lucky.  In this case, it’s my friend Delores.  She has got the sweetest grand-daughter, Kassidy- who just happened to want a ‘Belle’ dress.  So what does Delores do?  She whips one up - complete with little princess shoes,

image

gloves, bow and pin.  How adorable is this…..

image

What a lucky grandma!  I want one just like this!  (And I’m not talking about the dress….)  If you would like to make your grand-daughter/daughter a Belle dress it’s from McCall’s #M5494.  It’s a good thing!  Little Kassidy will be the Belle of the ball!  Well done, Grandma!

Now onto the quilting scene~

P1030001

I wanted to try some churn dash blocks as I had never made any before.  They are fun, easy and  look more complicated than they really are.  Think I’ll be making more of these blocks in the near future….

It’s a good thing~

Rainbows, lollipops and….Jenny of Elefantz… she has the cutest stitchery give away.  She has just released her latest stitcheries called In My Garden and she is giving one away!  It is the sweetest rainbow, complete with little buttons and flowers.  The other stitchery blocks are sold as a set and can be purchased at the Etsy store.

What’s with all the Australian quilters?  They are all so talented and lucky us, they are coming out with new patterns….sure hope they make their way to Canada!  Gail Pan has just released two gorgeous new patterns- a stitcheries pattern called ‘Bluebirds in Spring’ and an appliqué quilt pattern call ‘Love in the Mist’ - I LOVE them both!  Pop over to her blog and check them out…

AND would you believe,  Paula Storm from Sew Much Time, (yes, another Australian) is having a fantastic give-away- two patterns –an Annie Downs pattern (I love her!) and an adorable wool felt pin cushion!  hmmm…how to win both?  We all win!! – as she is giving away the first block in her new ‘Life’s a Hoot’ stitchery BOM – so hurry on over to download it.

Also check out JoJo’s blog if you want to see what might appear in your garden, if you live in Australia!  YIKES!

I better stop now as I think I have given you enough to keep you busy while you drink your morning coffee….or your afternoon tea….or your evening hot chocolate…..what a nice way to spend a few minutes!

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Darling dress and darling little girl. I love churn dash blocks. Tiny ones are so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paulette,
    She is too cute and the dress is beautiful. Believe it or not, I'm making a Belle dress for my daughter who is a senior in high school. There is a Senior Halloween party and Kelsie and her friends want to win the "Best Group Costume" prize. They are all going as their favorite Disney Princess. I just bought all the fabric and pattern last weekend. Need to start that project pronto!!
    Have a great day,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love churn dash blocks, it is on my to do list to make a quilt using that block on point :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just a little sweetie and the dress is just adorable on her. I love the churn dash block. I agree so easy to make and yet so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete