Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Are we having fun yet?

Yesterday was one of those days when not much quilting got done…. Mikayla (my grand-daughter) and I went blackberry picking just down the road from here.  We came home and decided to turn the berries into pies.  We had fun or at least I think we had fun.  It’s really hard to entertain this generation as all they want to do is play computer games, Facebook or watch TV or videos.  OMG –did I just say that!?….I sound so….so….old!  Anyways, we had ‘fun’ as we proceeded to turn the blackberries into pies.  I am far from being a Julia Child but I must admit they were pretty tasty pies. Wish I could send a slice your way…. IMG_2408

See…I look like I’m having fun….

IMG_2415 If there was a think bubble coming out of Mikayla’s head it would say….”Get me out of here! I’d rather be on Facebook...”

IMG_2416

Yes, I confess….it’s frozen pie crust!   Passing my culinary skills on to the next generation….YIKES!  What would Julia think?

IMG_2439

Now don’t they look yummy!  I ate my slice with vanilla ice cream….yum!  Mikayla ate only the ice cream….she doesn’t like blackberries….Apparently, Blackberries are for talking and texting on!  I tell you, this generation……

This morning I am off to Hand-Quilting where we know how to have fun…the old-fashion way!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!
Paulette

9 comments:

  1. I'm having friends for dinner Friday night -- could I order a couple of pies? Oh, would that I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my eye on the ripening blackberries along our lane, and when I stop to talk to the horses I check out the berries too, they're coming along nicely. I thik blackberry pie and jam is the taste of Autumn, I love it!
    I'm not sure you're having that much fun though because both of you have clean faces...or did you wash up for the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can pass me a slice too. I'm with you on the younger generation. When our grandsons were here they didn't have a clue how to use their imagination. By the time they left they wanted to stay. They truly are missing out on so much, don't you think.

    Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had just the best fun. I too love blackberries. yummy, yummy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, I'd like a piece with vanilla icecream too! I bet she did have fun and will always remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I wish you could send me a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I plead the 5th on that "younger generation" topic. lol Those pies look great, and I'd bet she still had fun with grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg these look and sound soooooo good........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum............. I wish you could send via the internet they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete