Monday, November 5, 2012

Singing in the Rain…

One things for sure, with all the rain we have been getting I have been sewing up a storm and chugging out those UFOs!

My Bowtie UFO is finished…just waiting for mama to perfect her quilting skills…

P1200670

Then I hauled out the Tumbler UFO…and added 8 blocks to each row to make this quilt top a lot wider…

P1200671 

…and now I am adding to the length!  I am thinking BIG!

P1200669 

It poured all day Sunday but that didn’t stop us from going out for our usual hike.  This time we went to Skutz Falls to check out the river!  Now keep in mind that 2-3 weeks ago we were experiencing a draught and this river was at dangerously LOW levels!  There was fear that the salmon didn’t have enough water to get up stream!  Well that certainly isn’t the case now…YUP, it’s been raining!  That long cement box over to the right, is a man made fish ladder to help the salmon get up and around the rapids.

image

Native fishermen were busy using spears to catch some of the fish before they completed their journey!

image

Of course I am thinking of all those poor mama salmons unable to lay those eggs…but such is life…I guess.  I hate hunting of any kind…but I do love salmon!  Go ahead and call me a hypocrite…I eat meat, I just don’t want to see the bodies!

Anyway I didn’t let that ‘dampen’ my spirit…the rain did a good job of that on its own! :o) It was nice to get out and experience the Fall season and breath in that wonderful fresh air!  Ahhhh…Fall is like a good cup of coffee…good to the last drop!

Hope you got out this weekend and experienced nature…regardless of the season!

Have a magical Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful place for a walk and I am the same way, can't do it, but I can eat it;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking in nature is wonderful - I know you had a delightful walk.

    I grew up in a family of hunters but I can't do it. I always enjoyed what they brought home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a beautiful fall walk. For the first time in 16 days Calgary finally has sunshine. I love your quilts and doesn't it feel great to be finished one. good luck as the tumbler quilt grows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting so much done! Beautiful quilts! Send some rain this way please!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could come up with "the next big idea"...water proof quilts. They would be perfect for any outdoor activities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could sit by the river all day and watch the salmon leaping! (Maybe just take one home for tea, though!)

    Love the quilts - the border on the bowtie sets it off a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your quilts! And fresh salmon is pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so looking forward to creating a tumbling block quilt!!! love yours and the bowties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for you finishing a UFO and the tumbler quilt is looking good also. But I do love the little bow ties, so cute.
    I laugh at what you call a drought! I could not believe how much water your rivers had in them when I was in Canada...most of the waterways where I grew up only run in the winter and are dry over summer!

    ReplyDelete