Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ohhhh Christmas Tree…

…Ohhh Christmas Trreee how lovely is your quilting!! 

Diane, from Heritage Guild outdid herself when she stitched up this lovely gift for her sister!  (and SO early too!!)

P1200681

An effective use of the traditional Christmas colours…

P1200704

So simple…yet SEW effective!

 P1200699

Two different snow fabrics form the background…

P1200700

Can you see the loop and snowflake quilting?  Perfect for this quilt…

And then Diane zigzagged down the trees using a decorative stitch from her sewing machine!

P1200701

Zooming in for a close-up…

 

P1200702-001

She said it was a fast and easy quilt to make…and it will hopefully grace the walls in her Sister’s cabin!

  P1200703

Yup…ring out those Christmas bells…we have a winner!

P1200682

Thanks for sharing, Diane!


Have a Thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. It's very wonderful! Her sister is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that! It is a great quilt and a great reminder that I need to get my holiday projects started (I don't know when...sigh).

    Cheery wave!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific quilt. It has such impact - love it. Her sister is going to love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect Christmas quilt. What a beautiful job she did with the fabrics and the quilting---it will be sooooo lovely on her wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a nice quilt, christmasy without being too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love designs like that, fun to make and fun to quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful simple Christmas quilt. I know she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, that is very nice, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It`s gorgeous.Simple and great Chrsitmas quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt gives me an idea for a window covering as my kitchen window now looks into another window. so sad the alfalfa field is disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how she did the background! I am getting in the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there - Love that pattern - does anyone know what it is called or where to get it? I feel like I saw it in a quilt magazine but can't remember which one. Beautiful and simple and very striking? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete