Friday, November 16, 2012

Let There Be Light…

and there was!! 

This Fall I received a $25 Gift Card from Bib and Tucker Quilt Shop in Victoria compliments of the Cobble Hill Fair…it was prize money for the Autumn Quilt…well I finally redeemed my prize! 

Let me shed a little light on my prize (that’s a little play on words..:o)YOU guessed it…it’s a flexible LED Light for the Mid Arm…

P1200846

I’m sure that all I need is a little more light and I will be quilting like Leah Day…yup… in my dreams…:o)

Then over at Bejeweled Quilts by Barb I WON her Give Away…a Beam ‘n Read light!! 

Knitting Light with Clip on Magnifier | Beam N Read LED 6 Deluxe Hands Free Light

I REALLY need one of these!!  Seriously I do!!  I am always hand stitching and could use the extra light…let me tell ya’, the eyes aren’t what they use to be!  This getting old gig is NOT for the faint of heart!  Plus, with the Beam ‘n Read, I can read until the sun comes up without disturbing hubby!  And no more crashing around on those visits to the bathroom in the wee hours.  Yes, the Beam N Read is going to be my new high fashion accessory!! 

Thanks, Barb!  :o) I need this Beam N Read…seriously…I DO!

It CAN’T be FRIDAY already?!  I swear my life is flashing before my eyes…a blink and the week is GONE!  Who was the wise guy who said things slow down with retirement?  Just ain’t true!  Do you want me to shed a little light on the subject?  How about TWO lights?  :o)))…Couldn’t resist!

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

7 comments:

  1. You need to buy a Lotto Max...this is your lucky week! I won one give away and thought I'd won the moon...The light looks so useful too. not too heavy and definitely a happy win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You win more giveaways than anyone! Couldn't happen to a nicer quilter! Can't wait to see what you create now that you can see...heh heh!

    Cheery wave!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you. I won a Beam n Read light from Sew Cal Gal's blog too..and can't wait to use it.

    As we get older, we need all the light we can get! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got a "Beam n Read" light. I've had one for a few months and LOVE it! I have another neck lamp I've had for MANY years and have liked it a whole bunch, but it needs to be plugged into a socket which isn't always convenient or possible, and then if I need to get up to get something I need to take it off....etc., etc. etc. The "Beam n Read" has freed me from the cord and is a lighter weight hanging on my arthritic neck. "Beam n Read" is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the win, I like the idea that you can use it anywhere.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your wins. How funny that you bought a light and then won one. Now your life can be full of brightness, whatever you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...you are too funny! Congrats on your wins! Loved reading your post...everythng you say makes me laugh and say, 'yup, me too...been there, done that' . Enjoy your new lights!

    ReplyDelete