Friday, November 11, 2011

Autumn…

..is progressing nicely!  In the evenings I have been stitching the blocks for the Autumn Heart to Hand Quilt .  The appliques are wool and the background fabrics are Japanese fabrics that I bought at the Heart to Hand booth during the Road to California last year. 

I skipped ahead to this block because the next Pumpkin block needed to be glued down…and I didn’t want to wait for the glue to dry.  Oops!  I see that I didn’t stitch the X’s in the middle of the white flowers…the Camera never lies!

P1160062

Some close-ups…please excuse the wrinkles…

P1160064

..and the stray threads!

P1160065

And I forgot to show you pictures of this block…the basket pops more in ‘real life’…

P1160063

Zooming in….

P1160066

So there you have the Autumn Quilt…so far…I’m liking it..A LOT!

OUT IN BLOGLAND~

Lucien has a new Block of the Month…starting NOW…to download block ONE go HERE!!

 

              image

It looks like Lucien has used Japanese fabrics to make this BOM…very pretty!  Check out the whole Quilt HERE!

Snow Birding Activities~

This morning we are off to The Calico Horse in Redlands, CA!! They carry a ton of Civil War Fabric…Judy, from Seattle…I would wait for you if I could but they are having a 11/11/11 SALE TODAY!!l All  Fat Quarters are 33% OFF… we are talking Civil War FQs here!! Yahoooooo!! (Bet you could hear that one all the way to Seattle!)

Have a FAT Quarter Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

8 comments:

  1. The background you are using for the wool blocks is just perfect. I like the mottled look. Gives it an appearance of age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day you have in store for you. A sale of CW fat quarters, woohoo! Looking forward to see what you buy. I know it will be good. And speaking of good, Autumn is looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your blocks!!! They are fabulous.

    Have lots and lots of fun at Calico Horse - can't wait to see your 'loot'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur wool blocks are so pretty.
    Wow that rose is beautiful too. Lots of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the wools you use for your appliques, it really makes the quilt. Lecien has some beautiful patterns, but the new one looks like too much work for me, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks are lovely! Have fun rescueing some fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt. Do you use 505 spray? I do and love it as it glues my shape down but you can start working almost immediately. For some reason I thought you told me about it last year?

    And what fun for the quilt store.

    on your way back to Canada, have you ever thought of going up through Central Oregon? There are 9 shops in the area. Anna has done a wonderful job portraying them throughout her blog.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete