Monday, October 11, 2010

A Wool Crazy Thanksgiving!!

Before I mail off Lori’s Wool Crazy Pin Cushion base I just have to show you the FINISHED product…yes I worked on it again!  That’s the joy of Wool Crazy…you can ALWAYS add stitches here and there…anyways there was an empty spot!  YIKES! Not an empty spot…well actually there was an empty CORNER and I couldn’t send it back with an empty CORNER! ..SEW…

P1100269

Karen had stitched a wasp’s nest on my little mat and I LOVED it..and nothing says a hot summer day quite like bees can :o} so that’s what I stitched in that little corner!  I also stitched a spray of blue delphinium…my favourite summer flower. 

P1100268 

NOW I can send Lori her wool crazy pin cushion top back to her …FINISHED…THE END!

I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends out in Blogland…or to anyone else celebrating Thanksgiving for that matter!!

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

image

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

    The mat is lovely and will be a treasure for years to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Lori eh? Such a pretty little mat so thoughtfully pieced together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean now is your Thanksgiving?? Love the things you added and the bee thing is called a skep? I love skeps and have a few in my garden.. Have a wonderful day..

    Hugs,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pin cushion is beautiful. Actually, all the pin cushions are gorgeous. Someday I will have to try working with the wool and make one.
    Love the poem. How true is that?
    Can't wait for our Thanksgiving. I love all those goodies and the gathering of family. We have our Christmas at Thanksgiving also, so we call it Thanksmas. We leave shortly after that for the south.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks and a happy turkey day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, isn't the weather on the west coast wonderful today!

    The wool crazy piece is great, I can't wait to see how you finish them all off.

    I've got mine back and playing with design ideas to finish it off and then start another one for winter.

    Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to all our Canadian Quilters in Blogland The mat is interesting and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mat

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Paulette. Isn't it nice to have a lovely sunny day here in Victoria.
    Love your Thanksgiving poem. And your stitchery is beautiful. I'm sure your friend, Lori, will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice addition! (*whispers* I like lumpy potatoes)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pincushion top!!! Gorgeous!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    Love the addition, rounds it out so nicely.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving! your mat is a Fun Wool Crazy piece! Have been to Victoria and just Love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect finish for that corner - love the flowers! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mats are very interesting. Are they only one layer for the background? When I seen your gingerbread men I knew I would have to try that one in particular-Thanks for adding to my addictions! I see an intervention in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving too! I love the little watermelon with the bird, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete