Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ginger Babies and GO! Babies!

Just wanted to share my little ginger babies…fresh out of the oven…P1100130

They turned out very sweet…if I do say so myself!!  Hard to believe that these little guys are made out of some old wool jackets that I felted by throwing into the washer and then the hot dryer!

P1100129

Yes, they are mighty cute…BUT they’re not the only babies in town…have you checked out the NEW Baby GO!!?

She’s adorable!

Lady GO! GO now has a BABY GO!GO!  SEW cute!!

image

Baby GO!GO! is made for the woman on the GO!  Hey, that’s ME!!  The perfect travelling buddy…

Accuquilt has also released 10 NEW dies…and the small tumbler block is one on them!!  I am SEW excited!  Accuquilt sent out a questionnaire asking what dies we would like to see in the future and I said “a small tumbler block would be nice” and not even a week later there it is!!  WOW!  NOW I call THAT service!! :o)

image See it’s only 3 1/2” compared to the big 6 1/2” tumbler that is out already.  And if you lay 5 pieces of fabric on top of this die you are going to end up with 15 tumblers in one roll!!  I will be able to cut out a whole quilt in less than 15 minutes!!

GO! to Accuquilt and check out the rest of the dies…you’re going to like them….

This morning I am off on an adventure with some quilting buddies, Claire and Dawn…we are going to the Boundary Bay Quilt Show. (Just outside of Vancouver.) I had to set my alarm for 5am as we are catching the 8 am ferry. YIKES!!  Now that I am retired that is a Killer!! The things quilters will do to get to a Quilt Show or a Quilt Shop!! Start your engines and we are OFF!!

While at the show, I am hopefully meeting up with a blogging friend, Krista… better known for her POPPYPRINT Blog…WE have never met before so I am excited!!  We have been emailing each other for over a year so it will be nice to put a voice and a face to her written comments!!  I told her I would be the one wearing a rose in my hair and carrying a book (Pride and Prejudice)…just like in ‘You’ve Got Mail’…love that movie!…Hope she doesn’t stand me up!  It will be a quick visit as we have less than 2 hours to do and BUY everything! The ferry won’t wait for late quilters!! Sheesh! 

AND yes I am taking my camera!!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

26 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread topper is adorable! (an instant reminder that holidays or just around the corner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gingerbread men are adorable! I need to make one.
    How fun to get to attend a quilt show and also to meet a fellow blogger. The getting up at 5 am does not appeal, though. I will be looking forward to quilt show pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ginger babies are so cute! And so is that little GO cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun babies on your blog this morning! LOVE your gingerbread babies - adorable!!! The Go! Baby is perfect for someone like me that would enjoy having one just to cut template style quilts.

    Enjoy the show; I'll be expecting a FULL report. teehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Gingerbread Babies are so cute! Adorable for your table, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely i like that, the felt here is very expensive to buy is it over there
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gingerbread table topper is the cutest thing. Have fun at the quilt show. Thanks too for the link to Accuquilt, I don't have access to all of these websites while on vacation and I wanted to see the new dies. I think I'm going to want to get the small tumbler. Too bad I wont be able to meet you tomorrow. We are looking forward to the Enchanting Beauchart Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ginger babies are so sweeeeet! Really smart idea of yours to recycle the old jackets.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gingerbread men and I do like the smaller tumblers. I prefer small cuts, so hope to see more.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful wool mat for the holidays. Love the gingerbread and the way you cut them from camel wool and checkered wool. The look just splendid on the black background. I love using the theme of gingerbread in my own kitchen from Thanksgiving right thru Valentine's Day! I know... I extend the season on a bit, but I just love Gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your gingerbread babies! How perfectly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Ginger Babies! They are perfect for the kitchen table! Sounds like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SWEET gingerbread men! Have a lovely time today and try not to fall asleep in your coffee - I think a quilt show or fabric road trip are the only things I'd get up that early for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gingerbread men are really fab...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the gingerbread men!! love, love, love them! Thanks for placing them in your giveaway!
    quiltinginthebarn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe I'm not reading right but Amazon has a Go! for $209 right now. What's going on? Does that mean it's not including some vital stuff? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little gingerbread men are very cute and I love the way you recycle into your crafting
    Have a lovely time at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm adding one of those Go machines to my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your gingerbread babies...so cute!
    have a fun time at the show..
    pics please!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stand you up???? Me??? I would never do that! I'm SO happy we met up today and my new, GORGEOUS, wool mug rug is already set up right here beside my keyboard. My husband just came in and said 'wow, where did that come from? It's nice!" Since you are a quilter, and you have a husband, you know what high praise this is, right? Like, high! Thank you Paulette! Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh your little ginger babies are so adorable! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Paulette!
    I'm wanting to say
    Glad you had a great time, it is now midnight in the middle of the country!
    I can see you met up with Krista too!
    Too bad you only had a few hrs at the show, did you get your scissors for you new scissor fob?
    I bet you had something to stitch while on the ferry, too
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those Ginger Babies are so cute!! Excellent job. Hope you had fun at the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your gingerbread babies are just too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your gingerbread men are gorgeous

    Love and hugs Ginaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful gingerbread men! You are doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete