Monday, October 18, 2010

Lots to SEE…and smell!

JoAnn Mullaly’s new WOOL CRAZY book  is out!!  Fifteen Projects for Your Home!  You can order it through the Country Lofts Quilt Shop.  Can’t wait to get my hands on this baby….

image

While you’re AT the Country Loft Quilt Shop have a look at their 2010 Quilt Show!!  It will blow your socks off!  GORGEOUS QUILTS!! It’s in two parts..quilts that quilters have made while taking classes at the Loft and then Quilts that Quilters have donated in the hopes of raising money for Quilts for a Cure!  They raised close to $10,000 for Cancer Research…see quilters can and do make a difference!

Also~

image

Sentimental Stitches has release block 13 of Beyond the Cherry Tree.

image Gay showed us how difficult it is to reconstruct these blocks…this block in particular, as all the colours had faded and the appliqué had disintegrated.  She sure does a great job!  Thanks so much, Gay!

So lots to see out in blogland this morning…

Nothing to show you this morning with my sewing….Why you ask?   Because  NO sewing took place yesterday…I spent the day  with my left hand covered in Ozonol (an ointment for burns)…yup, I’m a marvel in the kitchen…thought I’d make an nice roast beef dinner…and ended up roasting my fingers!!  Now you know why this is a Quilting Blog and not a Cooking Blog! :o)  I’d show you a picture of my fingers but I don’t want to GROSS you out this early in the morning!!  But let me just say that my computer keyboard is pretty gummed up and sticky and smelling a lot like Ozonol this morning!  Ahhhh….Nothing like smell of Ozonol to get your day started! 

Have a Marvelous Ozonol-Free Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. Oh Paulette! I hope your fingers are better soon. It is NO fun to not be able to sew! Although I do have fond memories of the smell of Ozonol! I was an accident prone kid and was frequently covered in it! I hope it works wonders for your burn and you are back in action soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another book I just have to have!! Sorry about your fingers but I'm glad you can sew better than you cook. I wouldn't have met you if you had a cooking blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a book that I havce to hace too.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not a fun way to hurt your hand, hope it gets better and heals fast. I almost bought the new book yesterday, tis the season, but opted out and decided I would make up my own christmas quilt;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie that is not good. Fingers are never roasted darling, baked maybe but never roasted. LOL

    Take care of yourself and be careful

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new book looks very tempting, just the thing to help the hand heal, don't you think?
    Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch!

    Sounds like a good time to catch up on reading all those wonderful books.

    Heal fast Blessings coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about your fingers. To me a burn is the worst injury. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH NO! You cook like I do! Poor dear, I hope you heal quickly - burns are just the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch! You have my sympathy, burns can be so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Owwweee. I've always maintained that coooking anything that can't be done in the slow cooker is not good for us and now you've proven it! Hope you're able to sew again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OUCH! Paulette, can you recommend a beginner type book for learning wool stitchery--one that gives some "how to's" ? I've sewn all my life, clothing and now I quilt but I would really love to learn how to do this wool stuff--it looks fun and something to occupy me as we toodle down the road. Have fun in your new rig this week.

    ReplyDelete