Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Heritage Quilters’ Silent Auction….

Yesterday at Heritage Quilting we had a Silent Auction!   Members were free to bring in quilting things that they no longer wanted or used and put them up for sale. 

Eureka!!  Now THIS is MY kind of guild!! :o)

Those quilter who had something to sell, were given silent bid sheets where they wrote their name, what it was they are selling and how much the starting bid should be.  Then this sheet was attached to each item…

See the fabric below…the lady who was selling this fabric wanted a minimum bid of $4 for the 4 yards of fabric…so I came along and wrote my name and my bid of $4…someone else could have come along and bid $4.50…BUT no one did…SO I won this lovely fabric for only $4!!  SWEET!P1100343

There were tables…

 P1100313

and tables…

P1100314

..and tables of ‘stuff’!  GOOD stuff!

 P1100316

If you saw something that you REALLY wanted then you had to keep returning to see if anyone else had out bid you…

P1100317

Let me show you what I ‘WON’!  These two books..

P1100332-1

This pattern for $1…perfect for wool…!!

P1100334

A package of fabric…for $2.50.

P1100338

A charm pack for $3.50!

P1100339

More fabric for next to nothing!

P1100340

Hmmm…I must have been seeing red yesterday!!

P1100341

A bundle of solid greens and turquoise…

 P1100342

This bundle of fat quarters was only $1!!

P1100344

These two bundles caught my eye in a BIG way…unfortunately Gerry also wanted them so the price went up to $8 a bundle!!  But still a deal with 10 fat quarters per bundle!!  SCORE!!…Sorry Gerry! 

P1100347

As soon as I saw these little bundles of joy I thought of a quilt that has been on my ‘TO DO LIST’ for a LONG time!!  Now I have the fabric to make it!  Yippee!

P1100348

What a fun way to get rid of ‘stuff’…and what a fun way to buy ‘stuff’ for next to nothing!  If you belong to a guild you might consider doing something like this!!

Today we are off ‘camping’ up Island in our new 5th wheel.   We thought that we had better give it a test run!  So of course we made up  new checklists for Things To Do before you pull out.  Man, my list has doubled in size…all these gismos, gadgets, bells and whistles come at a cost!  Oh well…I guess I can check to see that the fireplace is off and Lazy Boy and Girl are strapped down…and NO…I’m not talking about me and my husband! :0)

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

23 comments:

  1. Score on that wool pattern and the plaid bundles!! I am so jealous of your new fifth wheel. That was Dear Hubby's and my retirement dream until my forced retirement. But monitor and adjust . . . . we are going to look at pop-ups instead. I told him as long as I could fit my sewing machine in somewhere, I was happy!! Don't forget to laminate the list !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy methusela, you sure did hit the motherlode. What great buys/finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time. I was stopped by the title of the post. I was thinking.. Quilters and silent should not be in the same sentence. I know when I'm around my quilty friends we are NEVER silent. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You scored big time on all the fabric. Wowsers!
    Enjoy the test run in your 5er. I bet it feels like a dream. A beautiful dream, at that.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like it was so much fun! I love the 4yds you were able to get for $4! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy camping Paulette!

    I love your cheap finds!! That looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Score on all the great stuff! I love all the greens and turquoises!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An auction like that would be necessary here too, maybe I will tell about it tomorrow in class. You made such great finds again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a score! I think that is a great idea to handle the stuff that we can no longer use! (And to pick up some stuff we could for almost nothin'! Have a great trial run in the 5th wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great deals and fun way to buy and sell.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous wins/purchases.

    have fun on your trip

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I belonged to a small guild at one time that had an annual silent auction similar to this one. It was a good fund raiser. They even accepted baked goods which was yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paulette what a great way to clean out and gather more for your collections. This looks like it was so exciting.
    Be safe on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you got some good deals. Now all you have to do is find time to quilt. Maybe this winter when you go south. I hope the new fifth wheel has a lot of storage space.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really scored big! Looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy your camping! Although I'm not sure it can technically be called camping, when you have all that luxury, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stash! Have fun with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You scored well! Have fun in your new travelling home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SCORE! Have fun on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea! It's a great way to pass along something that you no longer love but also to pick up something new inexpensively.

    I have to say, I've never seen a motor home/5th wheel with a fireplace in it. Have a great trip - I have a feeling you're going to have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was quite the haul. It looked like a blast, just my kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun way to get new stuff reasonable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I'd been there. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous idea. I am worried though. Did you actually leave anything for anyone else?

    Happy camping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea & so glad that you got some fantastic bargains
    enjoy your camping trip
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete