Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Boundary Bay Loot…

I forgot to show you what I bought at the Boundary Bay Quilt Show!!  The BEST part of the show and I forget!!  My three favourite Quilt vendors weren’t there this year so the damage was fairly minimal….

I’ve heard a lot about Mary Ellen’s Best Press so just HAD to buy some especially when I heard that it was 25% off!!  In fact my friends, Claire and Dawn also bought some…we’ll let you know how we like it after we put it under the..iron!!

P1100255 

I have had my eye on this book for quite some time now…It’s a Buggy Barn Book called “Folk Art Blooms”.

P1100239

This is why I bought it…isn’t this quilt gorgeous…(sorry about the glare).

P1100240 

Look at the pattern…each block is one huge piece of paper!  No taping or piecing the pattern together.  I like that! P1100242

I am also basket quilt CRAZY right now!!  I think it’s because of all the wonderful basket quilts that are out there in blogland right now!! 

This book was in a second hand bin and was only $5!  Some nice basket quilt patterns are inside…

P1100243

Like this one…OUCH!! to the colours but I really like the baskets on point!

P1100244 

And isn’t this one pretty…. P1100246 

I bought this soft bundle flannelette – to a make a quilt for a baby boy! My stockpile of baby quilts is non-existent…gone!!  There were a lot of babies born this year!

P1100249

More baby boy prints only in cottons this time…so sweet! P1100250   My first Layer Cake…I’ve already cut these cakes up…and they were yummy!!P1100253 P1100254

Maybe it was a good thing my three favourite shops weren’t at the Quilt Show!!  I did OK without them!

Have a wonderful Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

16 comments:

  1. Folk Art Blooms looks like a good book. The pattern you show would be wonderful for me!
    I have looked at Mary Ellen's pressing stuff several times. Will be looking forward to seeing if you think it is worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the buggy barn books, fun patterns to make.
    Looks like you got a lot of nice goodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grat goodies you got! I love Best Press and use it on everything I have to press! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Best Press and I think you will also. Wonderful stuff.
    I love the baby boy flannel. Looks so soft and cuddly.
    All the books are great. Don;t you love when you can find a good book on sale bin? I do!
    Have fun with that layer cake.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long story, but I was trying to email you on my laptop - no go, haven't got mail set up yet, so anyways, check out this pattern on Cluck, Cluck, Sew - http://www.cluckclucksew.com/ - do you think it would look good with the Pure jelly roll I ordered. I'm really curious how she pieced it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that Folk Art Blooms book! Add another one to the list . . sigh.

    I love Mary Ellen's Best Press, too. But now I only buy the unscented. The smell is great at first but after a while it kind of gets to me. And don't let Hubby find out about it. Mine tried it without my knowledge until I noticed how fast I was running out. He said it worked great and was going to use it all the time . . . .until I told him how much it cost. He's back to the regular starch now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely goodies, Paulette - I love basket quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those books look very inspirational, especially the folk art blooms. Hmmmm now could I do that too ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only just started using Mary Ellen's starchy stuff, and even though I have to pay postage to get it here to Australia, it is worth it! I've even caught my hubby using it on his white shirts, although I wish he'd use the cheaper stuff!

    Lovely fabrics, I've just finished a heap of quilty things from Blackbird Designs' Beach House. They design such pretty fabric ranges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shopping! I've been eyeing some layer cakes myself. Can't wait to see what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Best Press and use it all the time. I'm a Buggy Barn fan, but that is a new book I haven't seen. I'll have to check that out. I love shopping at Quilt Shows. There is such a variety to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep reading about Best Press, but, of course it isn't available here. I'll wait to see what you think about it before I order any on the internest.

    The layer cake looks wonderful, what is it going to become I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great goodies. I like the look of that blue and white basket quilt

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your first layer cake, how wonderful for you! Sounds like a great shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of the fabric you bought. I'm curious to hear what you thought about the Mary Ellen's

    ReplyDelete