Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quilters Unite and take flight…!

Well here we are~ bright and early…Dawn, Claire and myself on the 8am ferry bound for the Boundary Bay Quilt Show.  Sorry the picture is so light- that DARN SUN!! :o)… But it was that kind of day…a gorgeous, sunny Fall day!!  Lucky us!

P1100214-1

Do you think we had fun?  Let’s see, combined three quilter who love to talk, quilt, gush over quilts and shop for quilty things…oh…did I mention TALK? In that case… YOU BET we had fun!! But we were MISSING our other quilting buddy, Alice who couldn’t make it this year!  It wasn’t the same without you Alice!!:o(

On the ferry, Claire brought out the wool project that she was planning on stitching…the only thing is you CAN’T stitch and talk and eat too!!  It was a lovely thought…but that was as far as it got!!  It’s going to be a beautiful wool wall hanging which Claire can work on when she is at home…with hubby…watching TV!

P1100151-1

Yesterday, I told you how I was hoping to hook up with Krista, a fellow blogger (Poppyprint Blog).  We have been emailed back and forth, commenting on each other’s blogs for over a year now…I had won a give away on her blog and Krista was the first to reply to a question that I asked my readers and won a prize for being an A+ student!  Well, we finally met!! 

I recognized Krista right away…very young and pretty!  And of course VERY nice…as all quilting bloggers are! ;o) It was so nice to talk about things that we knew about each other via blogging!!  Such a nice connection.  I know that Dawn and Claire were just as excited about meeting Krista as I was.

P1100212I know that Krista is involved in a MUG RUG swap over at her blog…so I decided that she needed one from me!P1100146 P1100145     Krista~ this is for your coffee when you stop by for that morning visit!  Cheers…and it was lovely meeting you, Poppyprint!

Tomorrow I am going to share some of the wonderful eye candy from the Quilt Show!  So get ready for lots of sweet treats!

Have a special Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. It looks like a great day Paulette! How fun to meet a fellow blogger too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great meeting blogging friends. Love the mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful day and wonderful new friends.
    Love the little mat, simple but beautiful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    What a great time you must have had.. How long is the ferry ride? Looking forward to the pics from the show and love that little gingerbread,,, sooooooooo cute,,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mug rug. What a lucky girl. Now I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am drinking my morning latte out of that perfect mug RIGHT NOW!!! I am so in love with the gorgeous mug rug made from your beautiful hand dyed wool, Paulette. It was incredibly kind of you to bring me a pressie. LOVED meeting you, Claire and Dawn (I think maybe it was best that I missed touring through the merchant mall with you shopping experts!). Next time, I will have to learn from the masters. I can't wait!!! Hugs.
    (and thanks for continuing to spread that sweet rumor about how young I am! Little do they know....!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you had a wonderful time...Love the mat!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Claire's project- that is so perfect! And I love the mug rug you made for Krista, so very pretty. Glad you had a good time, can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely day you all had and we haven't even seen the half of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun!...lovely to see you and the girls lovely smiles..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed your day! Did you find your fav scissors too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun day with friends (old & new)

    The mug mat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your rug mug is gorgeous! A day with friends and quilts is a great day!

    ReplyDelete