Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sticks and Stones and River rocks…

I finished the Sticks and Stones quilt top (a Sandy Gervais pattern) and I just have to say it…I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!  I think it’s my favourite…so far…

P1090159 I know I’ve said it before BUT…I love the fabric…Rouenneries by French General but I also love the pattern. 

The lattice work looks right at home hanging around the yard…

P1090160

…bet the neighbours are wondering what I’m doing..draping quilts with camera in hand…well at least I have all my clothes on!! ;o)

Yesterday my husband and I loaded up the dogs and went on a day trip to Englishman River Falls just outside Parksville (about an hour and a bit drive up island).  What a gorgeous day…check out the pictures~

This is the start of the trail…that is me with the dogs at the end of the bridge (right).  It made me dizzy to stand in the middle to look down…

image

..into this…and it went way down…

image

Two girls swimming…the current here was really strong so it made me wonder what they were thinking!!  The ‘mother’ in me wanted to yell at them to swim downstream where it was safer…

image

I love this picture…look at the huge rock stuck between the walls of the river.

image

I love the colours in this picture…reminds me of a quilt…

image

Which reminds me… did I mention that we stopped at two quilting shops along the way…well the dogs needed a walk, didn’t they?

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my little corner of the world!

Have a wacky Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

21 comments:

  1. what a pretty place. it looks so peaceful and cool. wish I was there, it's 99* here today in Richmond.

    love the quilt. love french general.

    at least today you didn't make me spend any $$.

    robin in virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go with the finishes! The little quilt looks lovely, nicely done! We enjoy camping at Englishman River Falls - it is a beautiful little corner of the world, and the river and falls are both so beautiful. I really like the colours in that last picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful plpace for a walk! The finished quilt looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your day trip spot - beautiful and hopefully serene!

    And, your finish is wonderful - I LOVE it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The adventurist in me wants to be on that rock stuck in between!!! Woohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scenery is just beautiful and so is your Quilt! Love that pattern and the way you put the colors together. Great Job! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hon your quilt is just gorgeous, and it does look at home in your garden! What a great pattern and the fabric is just perfect for it.

    Your walk looks so lovely, the colors in that river are awesome! Oh, and congrats to Cardygirl on the win - great give-away, Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for keeping your clothes on...HA!!! Love the quilt, just the colors...everything and the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finished quilt.
    I really like the water pictures. They make me want to make a quilt with those blues and greens. Especially the last picture, it could be a great wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is gorgeous and i can see why it is your favorite. Would love to go for a walk there, it is breathtaking.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quilt too! Your trip looks great. Funny how we always drive close to a quilt shop - my husband says I can smell them a mile off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous place to take a walk. Wonderful quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Paulette...I love the finished quilt..great finish.
    What a lovely pretty place to visit..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sticks and Stones looks gorgeous Paulette, and I think that range of fabric sits in many stashes all over the world. Thanks for taking all of us out exploring with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are great... the one you mentioned, reminded you of a quilt. That is very true it was so peaceful looking. And cool looking.

    I really liked your quilt, I have that same fabric and been sorta stumped on what quilt design I wanted it to be.... I think you may have helped out with that decision. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Paulette, it's me again. Penne I just posted above about your quilt. I loved it so much I went looking for the pattern. I could not find a Sandy Gervais pattern called Sticks and Stones. There was one about sticks of something but it wasn't the same as this quilt. Wondering if you could help me. Thanks and sorry to bother you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paulette!
    I bet you went to the cute little quilt store in Ladysmith and the one in Parksville?
    Or maybe Snip n Stitch in Nanaimo?
    I love the area, the whole island would be the truth. Family in Victoria, Parksville and Qualicum Beach.
    Glad you had a wonderful day! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Sticks and Stones is one of my all time favorites too Paulette! Just perfect - pattern and fabric and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another jaw dropping gorgeous quilt done by you! I am glad I have my tissue box here because I am drooling.

    Your day trip looked exciting also. Beautiful country.

    Keep on quilting and I will keep on drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your new quilt! enjoyed the photos too-pretty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love love this quilt, I have all the fabrics....now to search out the pattern.

    ReplyDelete