Thursday, July 8, 2010

Something to Crow About…

Look what I got in the mail today…my friend Claire is on holidays and found a quilt shop that sells wool penny rug patterns. I had asked her to keep her eye open for a Hen/Rooster penny rug pattern for me…and boy, did she deliver!!   What a friend!!  ;o)  Isn’t it just the cutest!!  Look at the eggs on the tabs…sew adorable!!  This is going to be a fun one to make!

image

It’s called Sunflower and Chickens by All Through the Night!  Love it! So thanks Claire- but you really didn’t have to mail it!!  We are meeting for lunch next week!!:o)

MORE ON THE QUILTING FRONT~

Do you ever watch those info-mercials on TV…you know the ones..just 15 minutes a day to gorgeous abs…Weeelllll…Say Cheese!  Bumble Beans Portraits is starting a sew along where you sew for only 15 minutes a day and you will end up with a gorgeous quilt by the end of summer…now THAT’S more like MY kind of exercise…pop on over and have a looks…she is using scraps and making scrappy stars.  Think I’m going to sign up…image

..these blocks are just too hard to resist!!  Who needs gorgeous abs when you can have a quilt made out of these little guys!!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting and stay cool!~P

4 comments:

  1. I think I have chicken patterns around here somewhere, lol. Whimsical books have some nice ones in them. I still need to finish my portrait quilt, still thinking on how to finish it and need to make some fixes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have that pattern! It's really darling made up ... much nicer than the picture even.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those roosters! Is Claire the shower lurker? Thanks for finding me more things to do. I can't sleep at night anymore with all these projects flying around my head.
    I enjoyed yesterday's post and your little quilt has come up a treat!
    The day spent with your girls looked wonderful, good weather and good food. Who's keeping who young? You looked exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo, if I sew for 30 mins a day will I get a quilt and a great body?

    Have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete