Wednesday, July 14, 2010

She’s Charming!!

I finished my Between Charming Friends Quilt..and I must say…she is charming!!  I used two charm packs of Shangri-la by Moda and a solid butter yellow Kona cotton.  Darlene from Quilting Daze also used Shangri-la and when I saw the red corner blocks that she put on her quilt I just HAD to ‘borrowed’ her idea…thanks Darlene…that’s what good blogging friends do…! ;o)P1090101Thanks Darlene for the fabulous pattern and thanks Kellie (Charming Chatter) for hosting the quilt-a-long and for the great tutorials …I enjoyed every moment!!  It was a fun quilt to make!!  And this is my SECOND OPAM finish this month!!  Got to like that!!P1090103    As I was taking pictures of the quilt…I noticed Rylie posing so nicely…see the left corner of the bench…P1090107

..so here she is showing off her first ‘big girl’ haircut.  She is technically  a cockapoo but she looks more like a very small cocker spaniel so that’s how she was clipped. 

P1090108

Yes, Rylie you are charming too!

Have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!!

25 comments:

  1. Your "furry child" look like mine --we've taken so many pictures of her she poses like the grandchildren !!!
    Oh and the quilt is cute, too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little quilt. I made a queen size using Shangri-la (daughters choice for her wedding quilt) and to this day I think it remains one of my favorite lines. Just beautiful with a touch of butter! I have a dog that thinks it's all about her too. She is a springer spaniel and looks like a bigger version of your dog with the black and white markings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is very charming! I really like the red corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your "Between Charming Friend" quilt!! I'm glad you liked my red cornerstones - yours look fabulous, too. teehee!

    Rylie looks so dang cute - gotta love her pose. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous finish, girl! Love your bench too. Rylie looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't keep up with your, busy life and busy quilting, I am lucky if I can do half of that, lol. She does seem to know she is beautiful;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is so pretty and the photoshoot perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt turned out wonderful. Rylie wants to be in the picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks great! I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is beautiful and little puppy is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful quilt! I love how well your choice of solid works so well with the prints.

    Rylie is a cutie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, Paulette! It is simply gorgeous. Shangri-La has to be one of my most favorite fabric collections.

    I picked up mine just this morning from my friend Barb who does some of my longarm quilting for me and I put the last stitch in the binding not 20 minutes ago. The light is not the best right now so I'll have to wait until morning to take some photos. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks fabulous Paulette... well done and lovely colors..
    hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt and beautiful Rylie too - her haircut really suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your version of Charming Friends! I think your red corners help pull out those beautiful brick reds in the blocks. Aren't your dogs sweet to help you with your blog post? :-)

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paulette I just love this quilt.....wow...and Rilie looks so cute with the new hair do...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous quilt, Paulette. Hugs from France !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt...turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how your quilt turned out, very nice with the Shangri La fabric. I enjoyed making mine too. Rylie is very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this turned out wonderful! You have a little treasure here! ...both the lovely quilt and cutie Rylie :o)

    ReplyDelete