Monday, July 12, 2010

Sentimental BOM and other GOOD THINGS!

 Sentimental Stitches has posted the pattern for Block 10 of the Beyond the Cherry Tree Quilt…and it’s a beauty!!  Check it out!!  Ooops…somehow we missed Block 9 but it is VERY similar to Block 10…so I don’t think we need it…:o) Or you could order it from Gay’s Online shop…

Block 9~ missing in action!

image

Block 10

image 

See how similar they are…

If you are new or if you forgot~ this is the picture of the Quilt- Beyond the Cherry Tree…It’s an old quilt that Gay from Sentimental Stitches is turning into a pattern.  She releases a block a month for free before she puts it in her on line shop for sale.  VERY generous of her!!  Thanks so much Gay!!  I love this quilt!

image Goal setting…boy does it work!!  Yesterday I set some GOALS for myself… maybe I was just SEW ready to finish off my Charming Friends Quilt after sew many days of NO sewing!!  Goal #1- long bike ride…DONE!  Goal # 2 finish the  CFQ quilt top…well I not only finished it but I also got most of it QUILTED …Have a look…I’m loving this little guy!!P1090094

Goal #3- Play ~make a block for the 15 minute Play Challenge…(see side bar button..thanks Kaaren!!;o))

P1090087Well I spent 30 minutes having fun using up some of my Shangri-la scraps from the Charming Friends Quilt.  This was just a practice square…I think I will search my scraps for some pastel baby type fabric so that hopefully after I play each day, I will have a finished baby quilt to show for my efforts!

No goals today…;o(!  The dogs are off to the groomers.  Molly is so shaggy that you can’t see her eyes anymore and well Rylie needs a light trim and a bath…  While I wait, I guess I will ‘force’ myself to go to a Quilt Store and maybe a Thrift Shop or two…just to wile away the time of course…

Have a marvelous Monday and Happy Quilting! ~P

11 comments:

  1. Wow look at your progress - awesome goal setting.

    I'm so sorry that you'll be forced to visit a quilt store and possibly a thrift store today. Sigh! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt, and the one you're working on too - so pretty! You are so good at meeting your goals. Too bad you'll have to spend time at a quilt shop today....*giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked and I have block 9. I'm off to get block 10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Between Friends quilt Paulette. I'm starting one now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, if goal setting works for you it should work for me. Goal #1 - get off this computer and go to work. Yikes! It works.
    PS The Charming Friends Quilt looks great and your productive playtime is showing lovely results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do keep busy, I need some of your energy;)
    I want to do some blocks for 15 mins too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, thank you for directing me to the 15 min quilt goal and second I want to say thank you for the Instructions on how to add a button to your sidebar. I have tried it and it does work. You are just so talented. The bride was beautiful...everyone complimented the wedding party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your CFQ looks lovely. Can't wait to see it displayed somewhere in all it's glory.

    As for goal setting, I thought I was excused that now I'm retired?

    I wonder what you bought at the shops you "had" to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, your
    Charming Friends quilt looks so beautiful! and thanks for the link to the 15 min challenge -i think i'll have to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job working on your goals! Love your finished Between Charming Girls Quilt. I hope to finish mine this week.

    ReplyDelete