Saturday, July 24, 2010

I’m SEW In…

Did you sign up and participate in tonight’s Sew IN?  If not, you are missing out on a lot of fun and a lot of sewing!! Click on the Sew In button on my side bar to find out more…

image

SEW WHAT DID I DO?  Well…let me put it this way…it’s 10:30pm…Friday Night and I am pooped!!  Just finished a night of stitching…I’m loving this hand dyed wool..all soft and mottled..I haven’t started to add any special effects because first I need to stitch around each little wool appliqué…it’s going to take quite a few evening going around the yellow monster mitt…all his fingers are taking forever…You do like yellow monsters, don’t you Quilt Sue? hee hee…. (Now if you have NO idea what I am talking about, then you need to check yesterday’s post…:o)

P1090182

When I needed to stand and stretch…I went through my scrap fabrics and cut the bigger pieces into 5 inch scraps and the smaller pieces into 2 1/2 inch squares…thought I’d try to get organized…I really want to try my hand at making a ‘true scrappy’ quilt like…this one using leaders and enders as seen on Quiltville.  Check it out!!

P1090180

I hope you had as much fun as I did during the Friday Night Sew In!   But I’m calling it a night- I’m ready for the 3 B’s~ Bath, Bed and Book!!

BUT BEFORE I DO THAT…My bartering quilt buddy, Quilt Sue (Quilt Times) is having a wonderful Give Away RIGHT NOW~Yup, this lovely book…and you could win it in plenty of time for Christmas!

image

Visit her blog to find out why this book is leading a double life!!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

5 comments:

  1. Hey, do you suppose I can enter the giveaway? oh and yes, I LOVE yellow monsters - with or without fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very successful night! You're definitely 'Sew-In'. LOL

    I need to see what Sue is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very productive sew in. Great job with your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh thanks for the reminder on the leaders and enders book - i've been meaning to give that technique some brain space!

    ReplyDelete