Sunday, July 25, 2010

Full Moon…and wool stars…

I would LOVE to show you what I was working on yesterday…I’m like a woman possessed..but it’s a surprise…SEWWWWW…instead, let me show you what I stitched while we were driving to Englishman River last week…(I have shown you little snippets of this project before…PROGRESS is s-l-o-w  but it’s being made!!)

 P1090183

This block is Done!

P1090184

Done!

P1090185

Done!

P1090187

Still needs two wool stars sewn on…oh and some more green berries…

P1090188

Still needs more french knot berries sewn on…I have a hard time making these while in a moving vehicle….YIKES!

P1090189

Lots of berries to make AND FIVE more blocks!!…But what a fun project!! They are for a quilt called Baskets of Life by JAM (JoAnn Mullaly author of Wool Crazy)!  LOVE it!!  You can order the pattern from the Country Loft.  :o)

Yesterday I was flipping through the book “When the Cold Wind Blows” (Blackbird Designs) and out fell this brown envelope!!  It was a pattern by Cheri that I had bought at the Fat Quarter Shop…I must have tucked it in the book for safe keeping!!  Eureka!!  I had forgotten all about this pattern!!

image 

I still love it!!  This little quilt was hanging from the rafters at the Fat Quarter Shop and it had stopped me in my tracks..it was so rich looking and scrappy…HAD to have it..now I just have to remember that I have it!…Yikes!!…is this a quilter’s ‘thing’ or should I be worried? 

Have a super Sunday and Happy Quilting!~P

9 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful stitcheries, you have been busy.
    I love to go through my old patterns and see what ones I forgot about and what I can make.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your stitcheries - loves the baskets.

    A beautiful quilt, too.

    Isn't it fun to be busy, busy, busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stitcheries but how could you FORGET a Cheri pattern?! Don't worry, it's a quilter thing. Been there, done that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stitchery baskets!! Adorable and of course, joAnn is an awesome designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all things baskets. Terrific blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it a worry when you forget which patterns you have tucked away? At least it turned up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your baskets - the wool is a perfect addition. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baskets are just lovely! i'm so impressed you can stitch that neatly going along in a car! can't wait to see the finished quilt. good luck with those pesky french knots!

    ReplyDelete