Sunday, July 6, 2014

Winter Solstice Sew-A-Long is a GO!

Well it appears that we have an official ‘Winter Solstice’ Quilt-A-Long happening and it’s starting this month!!  There are a lot of very keen quilters already starting their blocks…I better get busy!

This is the quilt that we are making…

IMG_1435

We are starting with the two most difficult blocks…the large barn and the small barn (the big house) this month and will work our way through the pattern.

Speaking of which, the pattern can be found in this great book…it’s an oldie but a goodie… “Life in the Country” by Country Threads.  If you want to join in then you are more than welcome!

IMG_1434

We have fifteen very talented quilters in our Sew A-Long~

Kris B~no blog

Karen Walker~Laugh Yourself Into Stitches

Bev~44th Street Fabric

Seattle Judy~ No blog

Pattie N.~ no blog

Sandie~ Crazy About Quilting

Janna~ Tin Teepee/Log Cabin

Pam~The Queen Bee, Stitching Between the Lines Blog

Claire~no blog

Glynis~no blog

Sandy L.~no blog

Julie~no blog

Paulette~ Sweet P Quilting Blog

Maggey~ The Quilting Couple

Kathy S. -- blog: New2quilting.blogspot.com

I hope I have everyone…if I have you down as a NO BLOG and you really do have a blog then please let me know!!  (…or maybe NOW is the time to start a blog??:o))

So start your engines ladies…errr I mean sewing machines…and let’s get at ‘er!! 

Stay tuned…our first ‘show and tell’ will be on July 31st!  For those with no blogs, I will post your block photos here and for those with blogs I will post links to your blog!  Be prepared to have lots of company!! 

_________________________________________

Before I leave I have to congratulate one of our Sew-A-Long members…Yup, the confetti was flying over at Sandy L. house!!  She was the BIG winner in The Fat Quarters Shop’s 2014 MEGA Quilt Market Sweepstakes!!  Sandy won Prize NUMBER 1!!  It’s a HUGE galvanized bucket filled with Quilt Market Goodies…head on over HERE to drool over her Mega loot…all $525  worth!!  Yowzers!!  I think we should have a MEGA party when her Mega loot arrives!!  I’ll take my camera and a Mega Cake!  What do you think?  You are ALL invited…just head on over to Sandy’s house…now won’t THAT be a MEGA SURPRISE! haha

Have a sunny Sunday and Happy Stitching!~P

8 comments:

  1. Good luck! This is going to be such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to start...I'm pulling fabrics today. I can't decide whether to make one from traditional prints or from bright. I wonder how it would look in bright fabrics like aqua, red and yellow. Hummmm.... But then I have tons of traditional fabrics that I don't use anymore. Have you emailed the people at Country Threads and told them about this? I'll bet they could get more people to join up! Thanks for doing this! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to say that Amazon still has this book for sale. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add my name to the list! Kathy S. -- blog: New2quilting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to enjoy watching your progress and everyone else's! Have fun enjoy the journey!
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to following you on the quilt along, can enjoy without the pressure of taking part,

    ReplyDelete
  7. My book is on the way..hope to join!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Went to craft room and found my book, looking forward to seeing all the blocks..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete