Friday, July 25, 2014

It’s a HOOT!

Yesterday while hiking Cobble Hill Mountain, my hubby and I came across these two Barred Owls casually sitting up on a limb…calm as two cucumbers watching a circus act! 

owl5_thumb

This picture was taken by an iPhone so the quality isn’t great but you can see how pretty are!

And because this IS a quilting blog and the only thing cuter than REAL owls is an OWL QUILT…go here for your FREE Owl Pattern!!  Many thanks go out to the designer, Jackie Clark for providing us with this wonderful baby quilt pattern…

IMG_1617  The pattern is full of different sized owls with different facial expressions…NOW if this isn’t a HOOT, I don’t know what is?!  The pattern is called ‘Border and Bind Baby Quilt’ and can be found HERE

Have a Fun Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

12 comments:

  1. WOW! I would have loved to see those owls. Cute owl patterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the owl patterns. The small one would be cute on a bib for a gift! Have a great weekend. 🐝

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the owl patterns. The small one would be cute on a bib for a gift! Have a great weekend. 🐝

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great picture of the owls. You were so close to them too. Guess I'd better hike up Cobble Hill Mountain soon as I'm sure that they'll be there waiting for me.
    Very cute owl patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! How lucky to not only see that pair, but to capture them in a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to the owl patterns! Very cute!
    I've never seen an owl in person…what a neat thing to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen an owl in the wild, lucky you. And that quilt is so cute. I just got an idea for a new baby quilt with the fabric I won, of course I will make it up as I go along, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the owls they are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a bonus to come across thee cute fellows on your walk, I have yet to see an owl in the wild and you see a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure cucumbers are really as calm as we all think they are?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous owls, just sitting watching you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Printed those Hootie Owls pronto, didn't have to wait for any eggs to hatch!😉

    ReplyDelete