Monday, July 21, 2014

It’s Christmas In July…

You heard me…today at our Heritage Quilt Guild Meeting it’s Christmas in July!  All members are suppose to bring whatever they have made or are in the process of making that pertains to CHRISTMAS.  Everything will be put on display creating our own little mini Quilt Show!  Hopefully this will spur us on to finish up those projects or perhaps inspire us to start something NEW…gawd forbid!!…:o))!

I didn’t have to dig too deep…as several of these Christmas projects were hanging on the rails of my mid-arm!  And you guessed it…they are not yet quilted!

I’m talking about these two Jan Patek table runners…IMG_1545

I love them!  You can bet that I will be quilting these two quilts long before Christmas!!  They are both made out of Jan Patek’s fabric called  “Fellowship”!  The top snowman runner is pieced and needle turned appliqued and the Donner, Blitzen is raw edged machine stitched appliqued.  I love them both! 

IMG_1547

I am still plugging away on Snowy Days by Heart to Hand…working on the ‘special effects’!  I still have a long way to go…but it’s all about the journey…right?…RIGHT?

IMG_1548

This Lynette Anderson quilt is also hanging on the railings of the mid-arm.  The plan is to do an all over loop with stars quilting so it won’t take long at all…it ‘should’ get done before Christmas…if all goes well!!

IMG_1552

I started this one a few years back…the centres to each star had to be hand embroidered with the wee reindeer.  I love the Lynette Anderson fabric that I stumbled onto…perfect for this quilt!

IMG_1555

This little mat was cut out using the GO! fabric cutter.  I surprised myself by dipping into my Scandinavian Christmas Fabrics…I have been hoarding this fabric…love it!  And then using beige perle cotton I big stitch quilted this little guy…

IMG_1556

I finished Frosty Mugs while travelling last winter!!  Such a fun wall hanging!

IMG_1557

Here’s the top…

IMG_1558

…and bottom!!  Dang cute!

IMG_1559

I also finished this little guy while Snowbirding this year.  There is something VERY satisfying about stitching something snowy while sitting outside in the sun… in your lawn chair…which is located out on the desert!  This design was a FREE pattern from Scrap, Stitch and Quilt Blog!!  She has the BEST  PATTERNS!…and did I mention that they are FREE?  SEW generous of Roxane!

IMG_1560

This sweet candle mat…I made several of these for cute little gifts and finally finished off MINE!

IMG_1561

And this Thimbleberries tablemat sat in a UFO bin FOREVER before it finally got quilted…and I must admit that I love it, even after all these years…

IMG_1562

SEW…there you have it…my Christmas in July!!  Hope you enjoyed my little show!  Now it’s off to Heritage to see what’s on display…

My hope is that there will be enough Christmas fodder to share with you all week long!!  Fingers crossed! 

Have a magical Monday and Happy Stitching! ~P…Ohhh…and a very Merry Christmas (in July) to one and all!~P

11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas in July to you too! I have some of those and need to get going on them. Yesterday I ran across the Goeff's Mom row quilt with houses and snowmen. Then there's the Wear Warm Clothes quilt that I wouldn't mind doing again. I sold my first one. Thanks for sharing the inspiration! Oh, and I finished the second block of Winter Solstice. Were we supposed to do the tree that is by the house block? I didn't think so so didn't do it yet. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. No..this month is the red barn and the house/barn. Cute aren't hey! Ohh...the In the Meadow is on my TO DO LIST too!! Can't wait to see you start this one...might have to join you!! Love that one too!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun pieces and I do have some and done some of those. Need to go through my patterns and decide which ones I want to do this year and maybe I will actually get them done on time.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing the same thing the first week of August. I need to dig through my UFOs to find all my Xmas things to work on. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now you have gone and done it! I have to head back to Sisters today cause I need a Christmas project to work on...and...I need my printer cause I have to have that cute FREE snowman pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snow days work in progress. I got some blue wools to use on mine while going to Sisters this year.

    Those frosty mugs were so much fun to make.

    Love your snowman star rug and Roxanne's snowman and mail box is also on my to do list.

    Have fun with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so cute, you did so many beautiful things for Christmas!
    I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Christmas pieces! You don't by chance know who the pattern maker was for the snowman table mat?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Christmas in July is a good theme for a guild meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your home is going to look wonderful at Xmas if you finish all these projects and no doubt you have lots more already made over the quilting years. Impossible to pick a favourite as they are all charming

    ReplyDelete