Friday, July 11, 2014

Hooking up with Annie Sloan…

Can you guess what I have been doing??

It has NOTHING to do with quilting or sewing or stitching…

I had a date with Annie (Sloan) and a bristle brush…Annie is a certain kind of chalk paint…I splashed her on some of these finds…IMG_1437

…CORRECTION…GREAT finds!

IMG_1439IMG_1440

I had to wait for shade…but in this heat I still worked up a sweat!  Before I knew it…everything was looking great…Better than GREAT!

IMG_1442

So one more thin coat…I don’t want it perfect as they don’t called it ‘Shabby Chic’ for nothin’…although the new buzz word these days seems to be ‘Vintage’.  Then I will put on a coat of wax…clear with a hint of dark (I mix the two) to get the detail to stand out and make it look a wee bit older…a wee more ‘vintage’…

IMG_1443

It’s a good thing Annie goes a long way…I have my work cut out for me!!

IMG_1444-001

Have a Fun Friday and happy Stitching/Painting!~P

8 comments:

  1. Everything came out nicely. I paint my things, then kill it with sand paper, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about that chalk paint. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave and paint my bed frame.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds! I been splashing chalkpaint about via the recipe that I found through Lowe's & a blogger. So far the victims have been 2 bookcases and two stash cabinets!
    I'm usually dangerous with paint, and this is no different, except that its so forgiving and you just go back and sand off your drips and blobs! I really think that "Oopses" are encouraged with chalkpainting, so it's right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about that paint. I haven't tried it myself but it sure does look interesting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to hook up with Annie Sloan myself after the Gdaughters visit to play with some smaller pieces, have fun P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good! Where are you planning to put all this stuff? Or are you re-selling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Paulette, enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you going to do with all that "vintage" stuff? Your home must be fun to see. What is chalk paint anyway? Not like a chalk board is assume.

    ReplyDelete