Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Tisket…A Tasket…

Delores has FINISHED her beautiful basket…s!
Every week at Heritage Quilting, Delores has been busy working on her baskets…here a stitch, there a stitch…and now it’s DONE!!  And what a beauty!  Check it out!!

                   IMG_1411

Delores used a red flannel sashing/border and it really showcases her blocks!  The flowers and black squares are all wool.  And check out those stitches…sheer perfection!

IMG_1414

This pattern is called “Flower Baskets” by Wooden Spools.

IMG_1416

Delores beautifully machine quilted a vine and leaves meandering around the outside of the quilt and around each baskets!

IMG_1417IMG_1418IMG_1419

And I LOVE the way Delores stitched different centers onto her flowers…adds a ton of interest!

IMG_1420

And of course Delores put a label on the back…she is SEW good!

IMG_1413-001

Check out the bottom picture… if Delores was holding that quilt up another two inches I could say that Delores came to Heritage naked!  I could have had fun with THAT one!!  I would have named my story “The Quilter’s New Clothes”…and it would have been great! 

IMG_1412

I know…I know…I need to go back to Grade One…but then again, maybe it’s a good thing I retired! 

Have a Wicked Wednesday and Happy Stitching!~P

8 comments:

  1. LOL! adorable both the quilt and Delores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Dolores on my behalf, her quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt and love how it looks with the different baskets.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm naked show and tell at quilt guild! That is a front page headline story for the local paper! Love baskets and they look extra gorgeous in wool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my sisters project. She does such nice work. Hopefully it will rub off on me and my quilting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Darlene and nice photos Paupette.

    Good news Pioneer Quilts hopefully will not be moving very far! Won't say where it exactly is, cuz they have to sign on the dotted line and don't want to jinx it.

    Arrived just as a bus of 50 quilters were leaving, I thought it was a line up to get into the store, but it was to get onto the bus.

    I had three different gals helping me put two cutting and one ringing in my purchases.

    ReplyDelete