Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Busy Bee..

I know a busy bee who has been hard at work, tending to her Garden blocks!!  My friend Claire sent me these pictures yesterday and her magnificent blocks are starting to add up…slow and steady gets the garden finished!

Claire is using Japanese yarn dyed fabric for the background and lovely, soft, hand dyed wool for her flowers and hive!

IMGP1572_3

The pattern is from Heart to Hand and is called The Garden Quilt.

IMGP1574

Now this is MY kind of gardening!! I even love the bees…and this garden requires no watering or weeding!!  Bliss!

Thanks for sharing, Claire!  Keep these blocks coming!  It’s fun to watch your garden grow..!

Have a Sunny Sunday and happy stitching!~P

12 comments:

  1. So so sweet! Thanks for the link. Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire's blocks are gorgeous. Thank you for the link. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Claire's choices of more colour to the blocks. I've got that pattern and find it a bit colourless.

    My plan is to go more in Claire's intensity. I've traced the pattern but have others in line to be done first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are beautiful, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Claire! I love those Japanese yarn dyes, the texture is so wonderful.

    I'm with you, Paulette! I love gardens, but I will leave the worms and bugs to someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wool work, Claire is doing a beautiful job on her pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking blocks. I look forward to seeing the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire has a green thumb for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely garden Claire is creating and as you say no weeding to do

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW -- love the patterns and the wool choices. Thanks for sharing Paulette... Hugs

    ReplyDelete