Saturday, June 11, 2011

Christmas Quilt-A-Long with YOU…

and SUE!!  That’s Quilt Sue…across the ocean in jolly ol’ England! 

The idea of the CQAL is to get a handle on Christmas quilting NOW rather than be rushed at Christmas.…

I would LOVE to be making this Santa Runner…Isn’t it sweet?!  The stitching says… “Quilts are like a hug…from Santa”.  Look closely at the Santa…so sweet yet so simple…he’s a nine patch and his nose is really a wooden screw plug. 

P1140181

Yup…dang cute!!

P1140207

And I’m so happy that I bought the pattern!!    P1140206

The plan is to make this runner on our next Christmas Quilt-A-Long!!  Today I am working on the Birthday Quilt…but that’s not stopping me from singing Christmas carols as I sew!!  No sireee bob…

Sew crank up ol’ Bing or maybe a little Mariah and sing along with me!!  BUT before you do that, go and wish Quilt Sue a Merry Christmas!!  It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…NOT!…everywhere I gooooo…


Have a Super Saturday and Happy Quilting~P

PS….I’m just going to slip out and go to one or two Garage Sales…it is, after all, Saturday…just DON’T TELL SUE!!  Shhhhh….

12 comments:

  1. The quilt police are going to find you double-parked at one of the garage sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does Rick know where you are heading?..more 'junk'!..we all know it is good stuff but you know men!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting in the spirt. I've just ordered some more 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain from the Fat Quarter Shop. Was going to use it for stockings, but perhaps I'll change my mind and make a quilt instead. Good luck at the garage sales. Looking forward to seeing your loot.l0l

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no no - I'm not joining any more things - besides, I have my own once-a-month Christmas club, lol! Cute runner! Enjoy the garage sales, and find some good treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How does the screw plug attach to the quilt? It is a very cute piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cute Santa runner. Guess we'll see it next month. Hope you had good luck at the sales:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fun one. I got some quiltmania special issues from last year, so I can make the things for this year. Raining out, so no yard sales today.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. driving over the mountain there was enough snow to believe Christmas was right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sew cute! I would like 2. Crofton was alive with multi family garage sales today raising money for Cops for Cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I won't tell 'cause Sue already found out. No wifi for me today until just now when I got back to the room. I did find that cute snowman pattern I asked you about a couple of months ago. Can't remember the name now or even who wrote it but I will start that one next month. Another cute pattern you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The runner is very cute - the borders set the centre off really well too.

    ReplyDelete