Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Santa’s Workshop is humming….

“Home For the Holidays” continues today so I’m off to Liberty Star……Renee has some mighty big quilts to fill…

image

…so far we have received a gorgeous Cabin/woods wool mat pattern from ‘Granola Girl’, Brenda from ‘With Thy Needle and Thread Blog’  gave us a pattern for a sweet Santa Needle Punch ornament, and Kathy Schmidt gave us an adorable JOY banner to stitch…SEW I wonder what Renee Plains is going to come up with?  I love her patterns so I am sure that she is up for the challenge!

And don’t forget to visit~

image

We have two bloggers to visit here…sure hope they have the coffee on..my mug is empty…which means if they don’t, I have to walk downstairs to get more!!  Imagine LEAVING THE COMPUTER for any length of time!!  SEW much happening, I don’t want to miss a second!! (yes, I have a serious addiction…hahaha)

Heidi Kaisand of Chicks & Hen

Monique Dillard of Open Gate Blog

Both are part of the Mistletoe Make and Bake…lots of nice projects and yummy cookies!!

Blogland isn’t the only place that’s humming!  At Heritage Quilting yesterday the ladies are all a-buzz making items for gifts and Craft Fairs.  Here’s a small sampling…

A gorgeous Christmas quilt made from a 12 Days of Christmas Charm Pack…lovely!!

P1100622

A little purse to carry….

P1100592

…TEA…or whatever you need to carry in your purse…:o) AND YES…that IS tea!!  (No.. this quilter is NOT going out on a hot and heavy date!)

P1100593

This stunning Fandango Quilt was made on a weekend retreat…

P1100594

This is FANDANGO!!

P1100595

Is that WILSON?…No it’s our own Delores!! P1100596    Rosemarie made two lovely bags from upholstery fabric…

P1100608-1 

This is a community quilt…many hands make light work and this beauty will be donated to charity!

P1100609

Another charity quilt…some lucky child will love this Lamb-chop quilt!

P1100610

This is a little guy..taken from Grandmother’s Garden…the hexagons are the size of your baby fingernail!! (more on this quilt later…)

 P1100611

Scrappy placemats…wouldn’t you love to find these under your tree!!  Gorgeous!

P1100612

Sweet little table runners…

P1100613

A quilt for a grandson…lucky boy!!

P1100614

These are going to look lovely on a Christmas table!!

P1100615

A sweet little bag that Grandma is going to fill will colouring book, paper and goodies!! (she made 8 of them!!)

P1100620

And some gorgeous ruffled scarves…my favourite sold right away…I was VERY tempted to buy it..blues and greens…but someone snapped it up before I could reach for my wallet!!  :o) It’s just as well…now I have more $$ for fabric…:o)

     P1100621

So there you have it…Santa’s elves are DEFINITELY at work and there are going to be a lot of VERY happy people come Christmas morning!!

Have a Terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Another great quilt show for us. I love, love fandango and that quilt is great. How many quilting groups do you belong to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful pieces but I love that hexagon and want to know how she made it. I am using one inch and can't imagine going smaller.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects you gals made on the retreat! I love your Christmas quilt and fandango!

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very busy ladies, some great things there again this week for us all to drool over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to jump on that Christmas bandwagon. I have several started and none finished. Great group of finishers there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminders on the blog hops, I almost forgot Mistletoe. Loved the quilt parade, especially Fandango! So pretty!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Christmas blog header. I did "freak" for a second because the quilt I'm used to seeing (and absolutely Love!) was gone. But change is good! Enjoyed the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure glad you always take pictures. A quilter is always interested and excited to see what everyone else is doing. Such talented ladies in your group I applaud them all! Your new blog header is very appropriate but my oh my the Christmas season will soon be upon us-or is it already? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't avoid Christmas any longer. I will be home next week and then reality sets in. Keep up the good work I will need alot of help to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing the talents of Heritage Quilting!

    ReplyDelete