Saturday, November 27, 2010

Down Right Balmy!

The snow has turned to rain and the weather forecast is for warmer weather so we quickly packed the 5th wheel and high-tailed it to the Oceanside Resort in Sidney.  We need to test EVERYTHING before we head south at the end of December… we thought we had better do it now in this stretch of ‘warm weather’!

image

So far…so good..and look no snow here!! I think it’s because we are so close to the ocean…this is our view from our Living Room window.

image

I had just got my stitching out when we had a surprise visit from Rick’s daughter, Carrie.  Love the look on her face…yes, the dogs LIKE her…a lot!! haha

image

So we had a lovely visit…I grilled her about what she needed/wanted for Christmas and added to my Santa’s List!  I LOVE it when they tell me what they would like…because I have no clue!  They know by now that if they don’t say what they would LIKE that they will end up with a sweater with kittens embroidered all over it (that’s the girl’s joke…not mine!!).

This morning my quilting friend,Claire and I are off to a Craft Fair and lunch!  I wonder what kind of mischief we can get into…can’t wait…!! Maybe I can even find some hand-knit kitten sweaters… I’ll keep you posted!

Have a super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day with Claire. I hope you find the sweaters. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the craft fair today, at least the weather should cooperate. That looks like your winning quilt Carrie is sitting on. Hope she knows how privileged she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me laugh as I used to knit everyone sweaters with pictures on them for Christmas on my knitting machine. My brother in law did comment once that he missed his sweaters so perhaps I should get it out again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it's almost time for you to head south again. Whoa, time is flying! Lucky you...no snow. We just got about 4 more inches. Have fun at the craft fair and be sure to show us what you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to test run first and work out all the kinks.
    It will be nice to have a larger trailer when you head south and I am sure you will have the drawers full with fabrics and patterns.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny... great post i really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! Heading South sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice surprise visitor! The pups look really happy to see her. Like you, I always like to shop off a wish list. It makes things so much enjoyable all around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. camping..visiting..quilting and shopping..can you life get any better..!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful place, I hope the test goes well and that you had fun at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like nice scenery and great company.Do you just vacation in your R.V? My husband and I live in ours 365 days a yr.it is nice to see someone else enjoying their hobby in an R.V.,Wishing you safe travels and finding what everyone would like for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh, have fun! i'm looking forward to tales of your travels... life on the road always looks such fun and so adventerous!

    ReplyDelete