Thursday, November 25, 2010

Be warned…

..if you should make this little quilt…expect lots and lots of SNOW!!P1100660  After all it does say... ♪♫Let it Snow!  Let it Snow!  Let It Snow!” ♫ right on it!    P1100667 It dawned on me that I haven’t shown this quilt FINISHED for credit towards my first OPAM challenge for November!!  Yes, FIRST…what HAVE I been doing this month??

P1100668

Last night I had a HEN party.  I belong to a Ladies Group that has been meeting for 30 years now..!!  Yikes!!   We meet twice a month in our homes…with luncheons in between (at restaurants).  We do like to eat!!  Anyways, last night it was my turn to have the meeting…I always pick the last meeting before our Christmas Social because I like to have the ladies do some kind of craft.  Now, this is not a crafty group so the simpler the better…if you get my gist!  (Sorry ladies but…it’s true!! )  Thank goodness I have all these Grade One crafts to fall back on…

So last night this is what they made…P1100673

Bird feeders…perfect for right now…what with all the snow on the ground!  (AND MORE FALLING!!)

You wire a loop at the top of the pinecone, put a fabric scrap bow on top…stuff the mixture of suet/lard and oatmeal in all the little cracks and then roll it in birdseed!  Done!! 

I must say the ‘girls’ were thrilled…so much so that several of them are going to be making them with their Grandkids next time they babysit!  I forgot to take pictures of the girls in action so you could actually see the fun for yourselves…Oh well next year for sure!

P1100675

And FINALLY~

To all my American Blogging Buddies a very Happy Turkey Day to YOU and YOURS!! 

 image

Wish I could pop in for a slice of pumpkin pie to go with my coffee!!

Have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

21 comments:

  1. Thanks Paulette! I love that craft project. Perfect for this time of year! I'm sure the birdies love it too. I so love that snow buddy quilt. On Primitive Gatherings Website, I noticed they have it kitted up. I think I may have to get it because I love your so! Happy Thursday! If I could send you some pie right now, I would!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your snowmen quilts and this one has done it's job. It's very snowy indeed and still falling over here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally started my snowman quilt - woohoo! You truly inspired me to pull it out of the zip lock bag and get started. LOL

    Enjoy the snow - I'm craving snow. Sigh!

    Perfect craft for your "Hen Party".

    Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes and now I'm off to start cooking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful snowman quilt--Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that snowman quilt - snow and all! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Snowman quilt. BUT I don't think it would snow where I live in Central Florida ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures of the quilt in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt fits in perfect for the snow.
    Love your bird feeders.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still really, really in love with that snowman pattern. Looks wonderful in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So it's your fault we have all this snow! Your quilt does have a great backdrop though-good job! So how many ladies are in your group?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! We don't even have snow yet. But it's cold outside. Brrrr...! Love that quilt. It's so gorgeous!! And those bird feeders are such a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Hugs Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a nice crafty type item for a group to make.
    I have the Let It Snow pattern now but I think I had better not make it. I don't want any snow here in Florida. We have company coming from up north and they would not be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that is just the cutest darn quilt - I adore it!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would make that quilt right now if I thought it would really snow. It's 80 degrees today, same for tomorrow when we go Christmas shopping in our shorts and flip flops. I love that quilt whether it brings snow or not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your snowmen! Really cute! And your pine cone treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little quilt is too darling! Love the birdfeeders too - but you can keep the SNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The snowman quilt is very sweet! We have been feeding the birds for over a month already, and in this cold weather they are at the feeder almost all day. 15 cm of snow and -15C cold, and windy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK - perfect craft for this season. Could I have your sird seed mixture recipe. My kids in sunday school could make this Sunday in Sunday School....I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miss Paulette I love your snowman quilt! It's just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to chuckle when I read about your "first grade crafts". Sometimes those are the best....I was always amazed at what my kids brought home at the holidays! I've done those pinecone feeders before....have to do those again!

    ReplyDelete