Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let’s GO! Party!!

Yesterday we had a GO! Cutting Party!  Four of my quilting friends met me at the little hall where the Hand Quilters meet and I brought my GO! Fabric Cutter…. P1100572  While Carol made coffee I had the first quilt cut out…They were amazed at how FAST, EASY and ACCURATE the GO! machine is.  We were there for just under two hours and we cut out FIVE QUILTS tops(lap size or larger!)…Three Rob Peter to Pay Paul, one Dresden Plate and  one strip quilt…all in under 2 HOURS!!

P1100573

And…it was FUN!  We will definitely do this again!

P1100574

And of course there was a bag of scraps for Leah (she is the quilter who can turn scraps into a stunning quilt…EVERYTIME!)

So now I am off to the Christmas Sew-A-Long with Quilt Sue and Cathi!  I am so happy that I joined this little group as I hope to finish my Christmas Sew-A-Long project today!  There is NO WAY I would have made this little quilt without belonging to this group…Don’t get me wrong…I would have made this quilt SOMEDAY but because of this group I will FINISH it today!!  Got to love that!!  Fa la la la la la la la lahhhhhh….

Have a Super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

13 comments:

  1. What a fun idea - I have a Go! so I need to do that! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Go party is a great idea. Be sure to share pictures of the quilts when the parts are sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like FUN! I want a Cutter so bad. I hope Santa leaves one under the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely day - sew much fun with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea!!! Love it! I may have to have one too. Hugs Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FUN was that!! What a great way to get together and be productive at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you could make it. Do you think you'll finish the quilt top today?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got one as an early Christmas present so I'm anxious to get cutting a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to get together like that. I really need to find people to do fun things with...like sew! =)

    Glad you're finishing your Christmas Quilt along...I'm in QA too...it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea...it looks like you all had a great time "go cutting".

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have so much fun with your quilting friends that I feel I get some of that fun and energy for myself every time I pop in to see what's new here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice of you to share your "GO" cutter with your friends. I'm not singing Christmas carols yet. having too much fun getting to play with my new toy. My early Anniversary/Christmas and Birthday present was delivered on Saturday. A Bernina Quilting Table to go with my DSM. Too much fun.

    ReplyDelete