Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Making Like the Birds…

The Canada Geese aren’t the only ones preparing for their journey down South…Hubby has been busy getting the 5th Wheel and Truck all lubed and oiled…and what ever else needs doing.  And I of course have been thinking about what sewing projects to take!

We are ‘a little’ early with our preparation as we aren’t leaving until after Christmas BUT it’s always good to think ahead, as Christmas will be here before we know it!  Look at how September whizzed by…heck, for that matter…look at how our whole Summer whizzed by!!

We made a major change in the RV for this coming year…there use to be TWO lazy boy chairs…(I forgot to take a BEFORE picture)…but you can sort of see them in the right of this picture….  Anyway, the chair closest to the table is now GONE…

image

And in it’s place is this Sew EZI Table~

image

Yes, I finally have a ‘sewing room’!! :o)  This table folds right down, is only 23 lbs., and the clear Plexiglas plate is specially cut for my Janome.  It is really sturdy and there is NO vibration when your machine is running at race car speeds! 

AND the good part…this table will stay up permanently!!  No putting up and taking down in the same day! 

Several of the Club House Quilters bought one at the Road to California last year for their RVs and loved them!  The only thing was they are expensive (over $300) so that took a HUGE bite out of the $750 that Canadians are allowed to bring home duty free. 

Well, Hubby found an online Canadian Dealer so that eliminated that problem! 

Now I have to start working on getting the Mid-Arm Quilting Machine and Frame set up in the Living Room/Kitchen!!  :o)  Hey, Rome wasn’t built in a day!

Have a Wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

19 comments:

  1. Those SewEzi tables are wonderful. Durable & portable. Looks great in your new sewing room too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ps - did you hear the sad news that the quilt shop in downtown/old town Temecula is closing down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great addition to your "second" home Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good fit. Can you turn it around so you can watch TV in the evening?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering when you were coming back down our way. We have been seeing geese down here, but I have a feeling they might be residents. But I always know autumn is coming when one of the dairies by my house mows down the cow corn field and the geese show up the next day to pig out. Sadly the Coop will probably be closed by the time you guys get here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific post! My husband & I are planning to purchase some sort of RV in the spring. Yours looks very much like the floorplan of one we really liked at an RV show recently. What make is yours? Of course, I'm also looking for space to take along my quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted one of those machine tables and I can't tell you why. I really have no need of it but that doesn't stop the wants. They aren't inexpensive so I just ignore the wants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your wonderful life! Your RV is gorgeous! Is that a fireplace? Amazing! If you ever come through Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (way down south), let me know! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Sewezi and a round magnetic pin holders fits in the round depression just right. I also like that the table is slick and the fabric moves across it so easily. A perfect investment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw those Sew Ezi tables at the Chicago Quilt Show 6 years ago and thought it would be wonderful to own one. I certainly don't need it. LOL The sewing room addition to your mini mansion is fabulous.

    But, but, but where will you sit to watch TV? Had to ask! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* I love your life!! Winter will be here before we know it. Looking forward to you sharing the fun with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A quilt room on wheels...ahhhhh. you are right, December will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new table. I have the same one and love taking it to retreats. It's small, but efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that, what a nice idea for a trailer and a space just for you.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That isvso cool. How big is your tv? What places fo you travel too and how long do you stay gone? Do you fo this to avoid the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  15. those tables are neat. I would like to have one in my home. Great way to create a space in your camper. I am going to have to think about that when finally retire and start traveling with a 5th wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That table is perfect! My grandma sews a lot in her RV, I'll have to tell her about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, that's cool...hummm building a small camp, might just have to buy that table so I can quilt on rainy days..thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does this mean you will now have all the quilters down at your place, instead of up in the clubhouse at the Sands?

    ReplyDelete