Monday, October 8, 2012

EYE Candy= ZERO calories!

Lots of quilting was cranked out this weekend!  This is a scrappy baby quilt made by one of our many volunteers at Heritage Quilters Guild!  Now it was my job to sandwich it and practice my FMQ…  P1200285

This time it was loops and stars…

P1200286

When I was finished with this one, I put a muslin sandwich on my frame to practice meandering and clamshells…Rome was certainly NOT made in a day!

P1200288

After a morning spent raking and clipping in the backyard, I found myself in my sewing room…making a mess while listening to an Audio Book…my FAVOURITE way to pass an afternoon!

P1200293

I prepped these pretty baskets…

P1200289

…ready for hand appliqué!

P1200290

The pattern is called ‘Birds in a Basket Quilt’ by Sashiko Yasuda and can be found in the book, “A Bouquet of Quilts” by Jennifer Rounds and Cyndy Rymer.

P1200291   I love these baskets…fun to make and VERY easy on the eyes!P1200294-001

I really like the quilts coming out of Japan right now.  Man, these quilters know how to stitch and design and I love their sense of colour!  Exquisite work!

Have you checked out “Patchwork *Pink Caramel* Blog”?  Talk about EYE CANDY!!  Good thing it’s not fattening or I would look like a…well, let’s just say, it would not be pretty!!  You really need to drop by…and take your coffee with you!

That’s it for me!  Thanks for dropping by…have a marvelous Monday and Happy Quilting!~P

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous loops and stars, Miss Paulette. WTG!

    I love your sweet baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting! Love the basket quilt and the baby quilt is lovely too. Have to go check out Pink Caramel now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your basket blocks! That's going to be such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great projects and wonderful quilting, looks like you are enjoying your new machine and quickly getting the hang of it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're doing a great job with your FMQ! And I love your pretty baskets- love the fabrics!! I'm having my coffee after supper so I'll jump on over to Patchwork Pink Caramel's blog. Have a great evening!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love the baskets! between quilting baby quilts and piecing baskets I can believe you have time to pick up one leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is amazing...you do not quilt like a beginner at all...very impressive! Love those baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful baskets! I am thinking of trying some hand appliqué soon. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete