Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Homespun Leftovers

I’m still UFO Busting…and finished off this little guy…made from the leftover corner peaks of my Homespun Houses!P1200322

She measures 15” X 15” and is going to make a cute table topper or a sweet wall hanging.

Here she is hanging with the Homespun Houses…see the peaks of the houses…well instead of tossing out the left over half square triangles, I stitched them together and made this!  Well actually, I stitched the triangles together at the very beginning of making the first house…several months ago and then forgot about this little guy…a UFO in the making if ever there was one!

P1200332

Every time I hauled out the Homespun House bin I was reminded of these little Leftovers…so I stitched them together, put on some borders and big stitched quilted it using a variegated Valdani Perle Cotton…

P1200335The stitching didn’t take long at all on such a small project.   P1200334

Don’t you love it when you can make something great from nothing!

P1200321

Uh-huh.. another one bites the dust…uh-huh..and another one bites and another one bites…another one bites the dust…uh-huh..a UFO that is!

Have a Terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

18 comments:

  1. I am just in awe of how adorable that little quilt is! It looks fabulous along side the house quilt. And your hand quilting! Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ver clever! Love it! Sure can't go wrong with homespuns....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little mini and your house blocks are so pretty! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How talented you are! I would never have thought of doing that - it turned out great and you didn't have to buy any fabric to make it. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making mini quilts with my left overs, yours came out beautifully and a nice match to the larger quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little leftover quilt! It's so sweet! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use up the leftovers. And I love the big-stitch quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just darling! What a clever way to use your leftover scraps and didn't cost you anything extra! Clever girl!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your left over little quilt, Paulette!!!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way it turned out. Better get mine out to remember to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little guy and the houses are the tops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of scraps! Love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute little quilt. Such a great way to enjoy your leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This little UFO is adorable! Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is so cute, SweetP. Sometimes I think I love minis more than large quilts. Love the big hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool!

    Cheery wave to your house full of finished projects! Hats off to you!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. bei lavori in quilting , complimenti se ti va passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete