Friday, October 5, 2012

Free-Motion Friday

Quilting much?  I am ALWAYS working on something…just nothing to show for it!  My stack of Homespun Houses is growing…and my hand quilting on the Wee Basket Quilt is slow…I’m not even half way finished but the quilt is so soft and cuddly, I enjoy the warmth as I stitch it in the cooler evenings!  And the Tumbler Quilt sits at my machine waiting for more rows and I have downloaded a new audio book…SEW it’s all good…

The only thing that I CAN show you isn’t all that exciting for you…but for me, it is VERY exciting!  I just finished Free Motion Quilting an actual usable quilt!!  OK…it’s a panel and it’s a charity quilt BUT it’s stitched from top to bottom… P1200256

It’s quilted with Loopty-Loops and half daisies (like in the border of the panel).

P1200257

I am happy with the Loops….

P1200261

Not so much with the half daisies…

P1200258  Towards the bottom of the quilt I was getting better…and that’s what this is all about!  Getting better!P1200260  Here’s the back…. On the whole…I am PLEASED!!  It didn’t take long…and I had fun!  

P1200263-001

And I figure a baby isn’t going to be too critical…especially under this soft, cozy flannel backing!

It’s a win, win for me!  Heritage Quilting Guild is going to supply me with charity baby quilts and I will continue to practice!  I’ll keep you posted!

Have a FUN Friday and Happy Quilting!~P

21 comments:

  1. Paulette I think you have done an impressive job of quilting for your first try. With all the practise you'll get quilting the charity quilts you'll be a pro in no time! Happy quilting.
    Sharon in Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    Cheery wave from Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a wonderful job you've done. I can do loop-de-loops but yours are so much better. It looks like you've got the tension stuff figured out, lucky you. Your on your way. I'm so envious. ;-> Toni Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am envious... would be thrilled to be able to do this well on my dsm.

    Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea for a panel, I like that idea.
    I need to find better fabrics so I can make simple charity quilts that look nice.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! You have done an awesome job. You better get ready to hang a shingle! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job! So nice that your Guild will supply quilts for you to practice on. I know you will do awesome and have a "Shingle" hanging out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its GREAT! I tried to use a machine down at the Dallas Quilt show one year and loved it. I know you will have so much fun with your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Learning, helping others and having fun! That's what it's all about! You're doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Impressive P - been enjoying your blogs about quilting. thanks and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Wow! What a great job and it was fast? Now how to make more hours in a day? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah what a win win situation for you both, enjoy because your first effort looks great! I really look forward to the next twenty or so....hmmm more eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work Paulette...
    Looks great to me...and your doing something special, a little one will love it.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just great. Congratulations on your first real quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...you'd never know this was your first free motion quilt! It came out great! I'd love to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's very nice work, Paulette! Doing baby quilts will be so much fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paulette it's a beautiful panel and your quilting is great - your loops are far better than mine! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete