Saturday, October 6, 2012

Make-Over 101…

I love wearing earrings but they are always a mess…I throw them into a little dish on my vanity or on top of a little shelf and then it’s always a mad scramble to find the mate.

P1200275Plus I need to toss out the ones that I never wear anymore…!

I needed a better system!  I have seen this idea or rather versions of this idea on Pinterest!  (Man, I love Pinterest!) 

Take a frame… P1200266

and pop out the picture (SAVE the picture!)

P1200267

Spray paint the frame…SHOOT I forgot to take a picture of THAT!!  Now on Pinterest they covered the inside cardboard picture with burlap or lace or wire…I had none of these but I did have a roll of this webbing left over from an upholstery project!

P1200268-001

So I cut off strips and wove it into a mat… 

P1200269

I stitched all around to hold the woven mat together…then..P1200270

…using my favourite craft glue…P1200272

P1200273

I glued the woven mat to the cardboard picture, then put a stack of magazines on top until the glue dried.

P1200274I cut the extra webbing off the cardboard and popped it back into the newly painted (and sanded) frame…and presto…an earring holder!   P1200277

Here it is all finished with a few of my favourite earrings…

    P1200281

And zooming in for a close-up….

P1200282

Yup…I like it…a lot!   Martha would be please…it’s a good thing!  So while I hang up the rest of my earrings, why not go and pay Pinterest a visit! You might just be pleasantly surprised!  But be warned…Pinterest is a MAJOR time-sucker!

Have a Super Saturday and Happy Quilting!~P

17 comments:

  1. Sew crafty, and cute! Glad we've got good Wifi again so I can catch up to what you've been up to. You did a great job on this project. Rick should be proud, and let you buy more pictures at garage sales without any comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's October - and I know there's a big quilter's estate garage sale out there sometime this month but don't know when or where - any chance you would share the info:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! That would make a great Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the clever one! It's ideal. Nothing like channeling Martha. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinterest is an ADDICTION! It's a love hate relationship. Mostly love, there are so many great ideas and recipes ohh the recipes. Love the earring holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool idea! I keep mine in embroidery floss organizer boxes. I love Pinterest but try NOT to visit more than once a week

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a fun idea. I have mine in little cat boxes, since I used to collect them too. Then my daughter got into them, so lucky if I have any that match.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tried to leave a comment earlier and Blogger told me otherwise -so trying again! I really like the texture on this - I used window screening over fabric and the fabric got really obscured -functional but not as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever! I agree about Pinterest. I have pinned and pinned and even used some of those pins. Lots easier than cutting things out of magazines and sticking in a binder like we used to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and your holder looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! And I stay away from Pinterest, because I already spend far too much time on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I made something similar for my mum one time - I used a picture frame, but took off all the back stuff and used screen behind the frame. It worked great and she still has it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paulette, great idea. I like to coordinate my earrings to my outfits so I clip them to my clothes in the closet and then I always have the perfect earring to match my outfits instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would never have thought of weaving together that webbing - what a great idea! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Pinterest and yes I can get lost in there for hours. Good for you that you actually made something from there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. dqrrstuox
    http://www.gooseparkassalejp.com カナダグース 激安
    http://www.cheapgooseparkajp.com CANADA GOOSE カナダグース
    http://www.cheapgoosejacketsjp.com カナダグース ラブラドール
    http://www.gooseparkasonlinejapan.com カナダグース
    http://www.gooseparkasonlinejp.com カナダグース モントリオール

    hlliqjzbw
    カナダグース 激安,
    CANADA GOOSE カナダグース,
    カナダグース シタデル,
    カナダグース 激安,
    カナダグース 激安,

    iyejapsfy
    [url=www.gooseparkasonlinejp.com/#wnaqloovn]カナダグース[/url],
    [url=www.cheapgooseparkajp.com/#deshrphvl]カナダグース[/url],
    [url=www.gooseparkasonlinejapan.com/#aydkccykf]カナダグース ラブラドール[/url],
    [url=www.cheapgoosejacketsjp.com/#sgapiwura]CANADA GOOSE カナダグース[/url],
    [url=www.gooseparkassalejp.com/#xvbmgqklg]カナダグース[/url],

    ReplyDelete