Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Crawford’s 4th Annual Quilt Show!!

This year I am giving you plenty of advanced warning…it’s almost time for Crawford’s Annual Quilt Show!  If you don’t remember last year’s show, not to fret…I have pictures to refresh your memory!!  This is Vancouver Island’s Largest OUTSIDE Quilt Show, with over 200 quilts on display!  Crawford’s Farm is located just outside Duncan, BC (about a one hour drive, north of Victoria). 

Posters are going up advertising the event, horns and sirens are going off and airplanes are flying overhead with banners…OK, I tend to exaggerate…but yes, posters are going up!

P1190340 

NOW, let me refresh your memory…I wrote about this event last year, so your mind may be a bit foggy…

As I said, this Quilt Show is held at Crawford’s Farm, which is a working farm…SEW picture hundreds of gorgeous quilts strung up on fields…

P1140816

..in amongst our massive evergreens…

P1140719

…strung from our might maples…

P1140721  …down in the cool, cool valleys…P1140726…a top of every hill…   P1140747

Yes, these lovely quilts are EVERYWHERE!

P1140749  Quilts circle the vendors out in the open field…P1140778  And (my favourite part) quilts were on the trails circling this rural farm…gorgeous!

P1140815

Yup…you don’t want to miss this one!!

P1140793

So if you live on Vancouver Island you will DEFINITELY want to circle August 11 and head on over!

P1140794

And if you live on the mainland…why not make a day of it?  Fill a car with quilters and come on over…You know you wannna!  There are lots of great restaurants in Duncan or you can eat on site…

P1140810

I mean REALLY…where can you hike a trail and come upon this!!  Heaven!!

P1140791

You will even find a couple of these…P1140792 

..because you REALLY do want to get to the other side…

P1140736

There are park benches sprinkled here and there to rest your weary bones or just to sit a spell and drink in this wonderful setting…BLISS!!

P1140776   Oh…and did I mention the vendors…yup, they’ve even got some of those! 

P1140741

So come on over…

P1140722

You’ll be glad you did!!  I’ll be waiting for YOU at the garden gate!

Have a terrific Tuesday and Happy Quilting!~P

5 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there but I already have plans. LOL Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the quilt show is outside and hung on lines, fun way to display and nice to be able to walk around outside.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I want to go! Maybe we will get an outdoor show here after the temp is no longer 108 degrees! Have fun!

    Cheery wave from
    Bev

    http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you show just a little enthusiasm? LOL! You sold me - I wanna come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to be able to see this, couldn't organize something like this here the weather would spoil it
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete