Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I’m SEW Happy….

…whenever I look at this quilt!  P1180821

I guess that’s where the term ‘Scrap Happy’ comes from…because just LOOK at the scraps in this quilt!  I’m so Scrap Happy that my camera is shaking…sorry about the blurry picture!

P1180822

This beauty was made by one of our Heritage Quilters…yikes I forget WHO! I need to write these things down!!  It’s right on the tip of my tongue…(if a H. member remembers WHO made this quilt, then fire me off an email so that I can give her credit!)

P1180829

I LOVE it!!  It looks like a swirl of colours but when you look closely…

P1180833  …each block is a colour theme…See the green block… P1180836 …and a blue block…

P1180838

and SEW on!  Together they make a sea of wonderful colours!

P1180830

Yup, this quilt just makes me sew dang..Scrap happy!! 

P1180834

I NEED to put this one on my Bucket List…(…and YES, I need to get a BIGGER bucket!)

Happy 4th of July to all of my American friends!!  Have a wonderful and safe celebration…with lots of food, fun and quilting!

For the rest of you…have a wicked Wednesday and Happy Quilting!~P

15 comments:

  1. A gorgeous quilt! Such wonderful bright colours too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy. I think I could handle a scrappy quilt like this - with a theme. It is candy to my senses!! Thanks Paulette for the close ups - really helps. I too will add this to my bucket list. Your room is coming along nicely too. You have really been accomplishing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beauty! Thanks for the nice Fourth wishes Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, thanks for sharing! Happy 4th of July to you too!!!!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my that is one happy scrap quilt and it is very pretty,,,thanks for sharing,,i am like you i need a bigger bucket,,happy 4th of july.'
    devon
    www.devonstitching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty quilt .. I love how the stars stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt, they are fun to make and I like using up my scraps in pieces like this.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful quilt! I need a bigger bucket too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. One time, I would have to have the perfect matching fabrics, colour co-ordinated...etc, etc.
    But really scrappy is so liberating, colourful, happy and wonderful,
    Need to get me a bigger bucket too!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice scrappy quilt. They dont make buckets like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I see me making one of these soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete