Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Berry Cute Apron…

For the passed four days all I have done is stitched these~ Berries!

P1190341

Certainly not ‘berry’ blog worthy!!  Hopefully if I can squeeze some stitching time in today I will get the last one done!!  Then finally the itty bitty leaves can get cut out and stitched to complete the border…oops then come the corner stones and the flowers!  Geeze Lousie, there is always something else…while I do that, you get to see a very special apron…

This sweet apron was made by one of the Heritage members…{gawd there goes her name…right out the window…I can see the face but the name?…gone!  I want to say Marjorie…but I don’t think that’s it?? (I’d worry about this but I have been like this for most of my life…:o) Sorry about that…I must write down the names from now on..but then I would probably lose the paper!) 

Back to the apron…yes, that’s what it’s called…an apron!

Isn’t it sweet??  And totally made from a recycled man’s shirt!

 P1190114

AND check this out…she has used the sleeve for the pocket!  Adorable and berry clever!!

P1190115

And she used the label for the embellishment…LOVE IT!!

P1190116

I mean really…does it come any easier or any cuter than this?? 

P1190117

I think I need to add buying more men’s shirts to my GSing List!!  I can see everyone getting one of these for Christmas this year! 

Only FIVE more months till Christmas!!  Just sayin’…

Thanks for stopping by!!  Hope you have a thrilling Thursday and Happy Quilting!~P

11 comments:

  1. Your berries are looking good!

    This is an adorable apron! I have a thrifted men's shirt that would be perfect for this, if only I had a pattern. I'm not really in to making up my own :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your berries are looking great! I love the apron!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's clever! I know i'd wear it every time I cooked... and then I'd need one for every time I was rug hooking... and another for... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is ridiculously clever and I've never seen that idea before! I JUST cut up my husbands old shirts for fabric scraps. I'll have to wait for the next one for an apron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute idea and thinking it would be fun to make it in a mens style with his shirts, lol.

    Love your berries, working with wool is so fun when working with small pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! I have seen these in some of my vintage sewing books, but to see it in "real life" makes it look so much cuter! I'll have to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever idea! Are you kidding me? Five months? I haven't even started thinking about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Berries are looking good! Apron is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You bring me smiles, sweet P

    hugs

    ReplyDelete