Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Woolie Wednesday...Back in the Saddle Again...

...And it feels wonderful!  I forgot what a joy it is to work on this project!  Kathy Cardiff and her daughter, Taylor Olvera did an AWESOME job writing the pattern to "Where the Cows Come Home"!  They thought of EVERYTHING!  I love the fact that they reversed the pattern pieces for you, gave you a pattern placing template to lay your pieces on top of and provided you with a close-up colour photo of each and every barn/house!  The written instructions are also extremely clear and to the point!  There is no guess work with this pattern and no blue smoke (ie...*&^%$%)... coming from my sewing room!  Just the drone of my audio book!  Ahhh.... Ain't life grand!

So...this time round, I prepped all of the background blocks first and numbered them...ready for the wool applique.  I should have done this at the very beginning as it is such a time saver...not to mention you only have to clean up once!


See how I lay my sheet of clear plastic on top of the design page...makes it so easy!
 When I am finished I can lift the sheet of plastic off the page and place it onto the prepped background block...that white square pinned to the right of the barn  will be the fence posts that go on either side of the red barn.
 A yellow farmhouse...hmmm...I wonder if there is a blogger living in this house?

It's gradually taking shape....



...with only three more barns to go and then the hand stitching can occur!  Once the prep is done, the rest is gravy!

Stay tuned...

 I hope you get to have a Woolie Wednesday too... and Happy Stitching!~P

9 comments:

  1. The red barn is my favorite. I think barns were meant to be red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Paulette, I have to admit I forgot you were making this wool project. Good idea to prep all the backgrounds, now you're on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the pattern....still going to do it.....just have to finish a few other thing first. It takes effort to keep from starting yet another thing.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great project--looks like you are having lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is coming together so well. Gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of your blocks and like the idea of prepping the backgrounds all at once. That sounds like a great time saver. I like it when the patterns are already reversed too. It does save #%*#!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My woolie stuff is packed in the motorhome, ready for me to stitch away as we head down the road Thursday afternoon! When are you guys heading out--I used to know so much about the Doyle's but that guy you live with quit writing a blog! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have only done block one as I had surgery on my hand and have to let it heal. Do you use a blanket stitch or whip stitch when you do your hand work? Seeing all your beautiful blocks makes me want to get back at it as I have three blocks here that I haven't done. (I am doing a BOM)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are looking great! I know the empty blocks are prepped for applique but it kind of looks nice to have that open space. Reminds me of the countryside with the odd barn here and there!

    ReplyDelete