Saturday, October 24, 2015

UFOs are FLYING...

I took two UFOs...a penny rug (which was going to be all pennies) and this Maggie Bonanomi mat and put them together for a FINISH!.  Yup...I got 'er done... and now have two empty totes!  (Yes, I just clicked my heels!...oh my back, my back!)

This rug has been hanging around for a long, long time...the pattern has disappeared but my friend, Claire informed me that it's called 'Late Summer Wool Mat'.  (It's so nice to have smart friends!)  Do you think Bonnie B. was being clairvoyant when she named this mat... because it IS late, really, really LATE!:o)

It is also really, really big...the only table it fit was my dining room table and I have enough wool hanging in that room already!  So I found a spot here...on the WALL in my powder room...and it looks fantastic!  Who knew pennies would look good on a wall...? I will sew a sleeve of some sort on the back and keep it there for now.  SEW...who needs to use my bathroom?  haha  
(This reminds me of my one and only visit to the Buggy Barn Quilt Shop...twice they asked me if I needed to use their bathroom...both times I said I was fine.  Later I found out that this was their SALES ROOM and I missed out!  Moral of the story...NEVER say no to a bathroom!:o)

So it's onto bigger and better things for me...and maybe another UFO or two!   We all know that there's plenty of those around here!  Hey, was that a smirk...what's in your closet? hhhmmmm...??  

Have a Super Saturday and Happy Stitching!~P


25 comments:

  1. I love it! Now, if you had finished this when you originally started it, it wouldn't look like this. So you see, there are times when a delay tactic is so much better. I hope when anyone stops by your home you suggest they use the powder room! Keep those UFO's rollin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the mix of applique and pennies!! Great thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really, really like the addition of the pennies to the mat. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit that powder room. I have 3 personal UFO that I need to get done but I rather work on my charity items for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your wool mat and the way you have it displayed.
    We have a friend who says to never pass up a bathroom pit stop or a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love it!!
    How is it finished on the back??
    I never know if wool-quilts are quilted or doubled or how to finish.
    That's what's keeping me to start the "Settler's Pride" quilt... :I
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful and I love the pennies! I am wondering how you attached it to your wall. A pin in each penny? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful fully finished. The powder room is a great place to hang it. Seems like that room always gets neglected for decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be a wonderful powder room!!! Love the wool piece

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only did the Buggy Barn have sale fabrics in the powder room, but some amazing quilts on the walls and I think ceiling also.

    If you get a chance stop in at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop in Smokey Point/Arlington Washington and chech out hers one time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too many quilt projects undone around here too.:) Love how you finished up your rug. It's fantastic! And yes, the Buggy Barn sales room had a dual purpose. It was difficult at first to feel comfortable just wandering in there and deciding to leave the door open or closed? Guess we don't have to worry about it anymore.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the combination of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful finish. I would have thought it was too dark for that wall but it looks perfect there. No reason the bathroom can't look good too. I am trying to work though some of the projects in my cupboards too......

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how that looks, those pennies really make a nice border for that rug.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, we have a shop here locally that had their sales in the bathroom but think they eventually moved it. Not terribly convenient!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be using your bathroom to admire this beautiful penny rug.
    Lucky me!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how well the pennies work with the mat, loving you calling the bathroom your powder room sounds much nicer

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous! Wish it was hanging at my house - I love the style and colors. Well done on finishing a UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your wall hanging is gorgeous! What a geat idea to combine two projects, and I know what you mean about emptying a tote...on to something else to fill it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too funny! I do love the look of the pennies on the wool mat hanging on the wall. I think it makes such a pretty border. Good for you for finishing and getting rid of 2 ufo's!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this mat looks great on the wall there! It was inspired to join the two projects. I think I've missed a few things...

    ReplyDelete